Surefire Beast

grandchamp87

Newly Enlightened
I'm a huge fan of Surefire, I wish there were beasts selling for the price of a used hell fighter. You can get those for 500 dollars, which is a steal! Does anyone know why Surefire doesn't make colored lenses for these types of light? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

HIDSGT

Enlightened
surefire just doesnt get it with those big toilet plungers! ugliest light ive ever seen! the new Annihilator looks like a nice piece but it will cost $1800 and produce far less lumens then numerous LED's out today for probably $1500 less. lame!

Blackbird13

Enlightened
I'm a huge fan of Surefire, I wish there were beasts selling for the price of a used hell fighter. You can get those for 500 dollars, which is a steal! Does anyone know why Surefire doesn't make colored lenses for these types of light? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
I wish the same thing, also I believe the price is higher because they made far less beast than they did hellfighters

Hightower

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody,
today I bought a Surefirer Beast 2:
I tried the battery handle and it works fine (besides that the HID looks greenish to me)

I'm not sure about the rechargeable handle.It doesn't work. When I put it into the case to charge the LED indicator isn't showing anything. The charger seems to be okay, I measured app. 16 V. Any Ideas?

BR

Michael

Ub628kG.jpg

Y3l1IDK.jpg
NE3tSlc.jpg

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about the rechargeable handle.It doesn't work. When I put it into the case to charge the LED indicator isn't showing anything. The charger seems to be okay, I measured app. 16 V. Any Ideas?
You should be able to disassemble the battery pack. Since the light is quite old my guess is the cells are dead.
You need to find out what cell size was used and than replace the cells. I am even unsure if LiIon or NiCd was used in the rechargeable pack.
It should be possible to open the pack without damage. At least it is no problem on other older Surefires.

Last edited:

Hightower

Newly Enlightened
I have put the handle in hot water and was able to remove the rubber endcap. Through the tiny hole it looks like a wrapped battery pack inside. It looks like it is screwed and secured with some kind of glue. I will try heat and a strap wrench (first I have to get one).
ZICLDng.jpg

wkxiZ0M.jpg

Hightower

Newly Enlightened
I could not open the handle. What I did is to charge the rechargable handle like 20 h and this morning the green LED was on :thumbsup:
The runtime was very low but I will try to discharge/charge a couple of times.

Latest posts