Surefire Belt Carry

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Kev1-1

I got mine from www.extremeoutdoorgear.co.uk.

Joe sells everything you need including Tek-Loks + Kydex and the rivets. Only thing he doesn't do yet is the setting dies for the Rivets but he's thinking about it!

leukos,

Thanks, perhaps I'm biased but I like mine more than TAdgear's (No offense of any kind to TADgear BTW) Mine cover the whole body and tail of the light AND have a recess cut into the top of the holster to accomodate the clip housing. This allows the E2e to sit deeper and more securely into the holster. On the pictures of the E2e with the short clip and the lanyard ring you may just be able to make out that the clip fits into a hole in the side of the holster? The light is also orientated with the clip facing one side instead of pointing outwards. My earlier holster had the clip facing outwards but I found this created additional risks of snaging when getting into tight spaces doorways etc.

I also dont like anything on my belt that I cant remove easily and almost everthing on my belt can be removed and replaced without having to undue the belt buckles and having to thread things over. Hence the Tek-Loks and Maxpedition gear which I have found to be absolutely brilliant.

Of course I the TADgear products look nice and I especially like the idea of the dayglow insert. (I dont think I'll follow suit) but I really like that concept.

KDOG3

Sorry your so far away!

Doug

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
It won't. The body diameter is different.

This is how I do my holsters. Like I've mentioned before, I don't believe in having the bezel pointing up. I also don't believe in using any more kydex than is strictly necessary to hold the light in place.
This holster holds the light firmly and close to the body, comes off the belt without un-doing the buckle and it will hold an Elektrolumens XM2/3 as well.
loadoutleft.JPG

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Ian,

Do you have any other pictures of your holster? I'd love to see them if you do!

I'm assuming that you prefer bezel down to simplify the draw? or to protect the pyrex lens?

I'm intriqued by your statement that you prefer as little kydex as possible to cover the light. Could you explain?

All knowledge helps!

Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Don't have any available right now as I'm at work. I'll see about posting some different shots when I get home.

The bezel down carry is for both of the reasons you state, although my 6P doesn't have a pyrex lens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The primary reason is to make for a quicker and easier draw, though.
What I mean by saying I want as little kydex as possible, should be visible in the picture. The holster is barely wider than my belt and only holds the light on the bezel. It is however more than enough to hold the light securely and both the XM2/3 and the 6P are significantly heavier lights than the E-series Surefires. The holster being no wider than the belt also means that it doesn't get in the way when I move around.
Never made a holster for the E-series, but I have no doubt that you can make a holster in the same manner as the one I did for my 6P. Oh and the forward cant is key on this kind of holster.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Ian

Thanks for the answers, hope to see any pictures.

Never had any problems with my style of holster on my duty belt causing problems. It was designed for easy access with retention being the primary consideration.

However, I like different styles of holster and like the 45% inclination aspect of the belt carry you've used. I'm not sure that I need a rapid draw that your style of holster provides but I'm sure I'll make one to check it out. If I can make it work with an E2e I'll post a picture or 2 here.

Look forward to seeing more of your work!

Doug

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Ok, sorry about the delay. Time sorta ran away from me. Here's the pics you were looking for.

frontempty.JPG

sideempty.jpg

There ya go. Not the prettiest kydex ever, but it works /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

topempty.jpg
bottomview.jpg

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Ian
Thanks for the pictures. The aesthetics are of less importance to me than the function.

The minimalist design is interesting and I will investigate it further when time permits. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of a version for an E2e (with the caveat that it works well using an E2e!)

Doug