Surefire Cree L1 owners with issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
I think what he's getting at is that if this thread stayed on topic it wouldn't be anywhere near 12 pages and much easier to find out the true issues. It would probably be only 6 pages of actual relevant information that helps people find out what is truly going on with the L1. If this thread stayed more relevant and was half the length, it would be much easier to find out just how many people are truly having issues and what the process is like for getting the issues resolved(time-frame, quality of end result, etc).

Hi Bill

This is a rough way to welcome uspopo back isn't it? Many many posts on this 12 page thread and other threads are little off topic, I think it make reading it fun rather then just reading people complaining for 12 pages.

Gim

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got done running my L1 on high for an hour and 15 minutes. No problems whatsoever. Still had very usable light left. Got a little warm, but nothing extreme. I have serial#A02205

I
throb.gif
my L1.

Last edited:

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
Just got an L1 and E1L from a B&M store so they could've been sitting around for a while.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with my L1 (I was fearing the flickering problem!). But after running it on high for 15 mins it was fine, no flickering or dropping to a lower brightness (from what I could see) and it was just a little warm, but not as warm as my L4 would get. The tint is pretty nice too, a nice warmish white. The body has serial #A01379... how come they don't have a serial for the head?

(The E1L on the other hand is a bit weird. The one in the store I played with had a dome shaped window that looked like a magnifying glass and the beam it put out looked like a square... like it was magnifying the die of the LED, but the tint was good. When I bought the new one in packaging, the head was the same as my L1 - flat but slightly frosted so the beam was a nice circle but the tint was kind of greenish... oh well)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
(The E1L on the other hand is a bit weird. The one in the store I played with had a dome shaped window that looked like a magnifying glass and the beam it put out looked like a square... like it was magnifying the die of the LED, but the tint was good. When I bought the new one in packaging, the head was the same as my L1 - flat but slightly frosted so the beam was a nice circle but the tint was kind of greenish... oh well)

The first E1L you tried was an older, non-Cree version.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that's kind of a baited post isn't it Mike? I had several Fenix's. Sold my L1D and P3D in MarketPlace. After getting my L1(rated at 65 lumens max), which btw blew away my P3D(rated at 160 lumens max), in terms of brightness and beam quality(not to mention build quality), I decided to sell the P3D. I kept my favorite Fenix's as seen in my signature. But after getting a Surefire and Lumapower M1(which also blows the P3D outta the water), I will now concentrate on some nicer lights to round off my collection. I have no complaints about the Fenix lights I own and owned, as I never had anything go wrong with any of them. In fact, my P2D was my favorite EDC up until the time I received my L1. I still carry my P2D along with my L1, but that will most likely change soon. I will be receiving a Novatac 120P today or tomorrow, and that is destined to take the place of my P2D. Get an L1 in your hand, and you'll see why people like their Surefire lights. Did I mention that they have a no questions asked lifetime replacement warranty? I am guessing you do not own a Surefire Mike, so I must take your opinion with the proverbial grain of MikeSalt. :crackup:

This is unacceptable. I would NEVER buy an LED flashlight from Surefire. I might be tempted to get an incandescent from them, but for LED duties, it is definately Fenix all the way for me.

Surefire should stop trying to keep up with the LED Masters, and focus on the glowing filaments that they are good at.

Last edited:

LA OZ

Enlightened
This is unacceptable. I would NEVER buy an LED flashlight from Surefire. I might be tempted to get an incandescent from them, but for LED duties, it is definately Fenix all the way for me.

Surefire should stop trying to keep up with the LED Masters, and focus on the glowing filaments that they are good at.

:huh: no one is perfect. They have fixed the issue promptly. Fenix is not without issues. I have more problems with Fenix than SF. Loose thread with the initial P1D CE for example.

NickDrak

Enlightened

I see now! no one has reported any issues with a Surefire L1 in this thread for quite some time now, so someone just had to jump in to throw a shot at Surefire. "Surefire should stop trying to keep up with the LED masters":crackup:what a joke!

Oh yeah, BTW what issue are you having with your L1 again????

Last edited:

Matt Sutton

Newly Enlightened
I have a problem with my new L1, purchased directly from Surefire. It's definitely from the new batch too. The problem is that it's so fantastic that it makes me want to get a second one! :broke:
Seriously, I couldn't be happier with mine. I think the beam, tint, and overall quality are outstanding.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've been getting numerous daily inquiries regarding the L1's and I just want to let everyone know that we've opened/tested 10-15 of the new batches at buyer requests and not had a failure yet. With over 100 shipped from this new batch and no reported flickering issue it looks like Surefire has the problem beat and the L1 is now definitely one of my new favorites.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn... I have to send my 2 weeks old L1 for repair because something started to rattle in the body. :( I hope repair won't be too long!

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an update - bought my L1 at launch and have still had no problems. Holding up very nicely :)

Regards,
Tempest

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for clarity, at least some of us are talking about the first run of Cree L1s that had, to borrow a word from the title of this thread, "issues." I think the dud lights were a small minority of that run.

Status
Not open for further replies.