• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire E-Series MicroTower (E-MT) LED drop in - Part II

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please put me down for another E-MT F1 and an FM (when they become available).

I've had an F1 for a couple weeks now, and it's become my regular around-the-house light (with an RCR123a). I love the way it lights up a room. I think my wife is sick of hearing me gush about the E-MT every night, but even she's impressed with it, and she just happens to still use and E1e/KL1 (1st gen). :naughty:

Great job with this module, koala & yclo!

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamhead :wave: Have you tried cleaning the contacts, for eg, threads, and tailcap. Sometimes dirt buildup can increase resistance and the E-MT F1 is sensitive to it.

If it still flickers on primary cell, let us know, we'll send you a new one at no cost but please post back the :sick: tower. I need to diagnose.

It could be the lead free solder I was using, the ground wire may have disconnected from the ground screw. It shouldn't in the first place because I pull hard to make sure it's well attached, same as the connection on the Rebels I'm terribly sorry if it's a fault with the E-MT.

Vincent.

Last edited:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Koala :wave:, that was the first thing I tried. I have cleaned all contact points and pro golded them on 4 different bodies, 2 E1E, 1 Aleph and 1 FB1, tried different tail caps, directly shorted the negative end to rule out the tail caps. Tried several cells in fresh states and still it is flickering and just about constant now.

I will gladly take you up on your very generous offer, I really like the unique beam it puts out.
Let me know what you need from me and thanks. :twothumbs

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Package received today, safe and sound in the U.S.A.:)

They (E-MT F1 and E-MT F2) both work nicely. I'm amazed how bright that little rebel is and how small the connections are. Great work there guys!!!

I can't wait till it gets dark out to see how floody the beam is. Thanks for building these. I'll be taking them to PF10 at milkyspits house in april so guys can see what they can do. You may have some more orders placed after that, so be prepared.;)

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamhead :wave: I'll send you a spare one first thing tomorrow, please send the E-MT back. Return address in PM shortly. I'm terribly sorry about the flop.

dizzy - Be sure to analyze the spill not the hotspot. Like you mention about the floody beam.

Vincent.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
slag :wave: done!

Beamhead :wave: I'm glad it got there quickly.

bxstyles :wave: Actually nuggett is on the list way earlier(#045) I have sent him PM quite a while ago. I did not contact you because it's not done yet but soon. Give me a few more days.

bxstylez

Enlightened
slag :wave: done!

Beamhead :wave: I'm glad it got there quickly.

bxstyles :wave: Actually nuggett is on the list way earlier(#045) I have sent him PM quite a while ago. I did not contact you because it's not done yet but soon. Give me a few more days.

ok no problem!
thanks for the update :candle:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just have to report that since I got my replacement E-MT-F1, I have been using it heavily to make sure there is no flicker, there is none however I have become so accustomed to the floody beam with target finding spot that it makes some of my very nice, very bright lights seem like lasers.:p

Granted its not even close to the brightest, best tinted, thrower I have but blasted if I don't love the beam pattern.

Once again great job!:thumbsup:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Beamhead :wave:,

Acknowledged - Thanks for reporting!

Urm... I am not so sure about it being as bright as lasers... :D but I would love to! I have started to make them again, very low on good Rebels :( should be ready soon.

X_Marine

Enlightened
Hi Koala,
Still hard to put down my E MT-F1.. just luv it.

I would like 1 more E MT-F1 and 1 bare as discussed.

Please pm when you need paypal sent..

Many thanks again for a great product!! :twothumbs
X/BillyD..

Latest posts