• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire E-Series MicroTower (E-MT) LED drop in - Part II

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD Surefire E-Series MicroTower (E-MT) LED drop in - Part II

openbolt1 - I'm readying the next batch, should be enough for all. Relax.

X/BillyD - I run one of my Rebel50 on the E-MT at 1.2-1.5A. Heats up very fast. Been through a couple of RCR123 cycles seems to last. Not sure about Rebel100s, keep it under 800mA you'll be fine. In my opinion, 1000mA puts out too much heat and not much light compared to 800mA so there's not much benefits.

I should also mention that Sales Closed temporary until I fulfill the current orders. Thank you for all your patience and support in this project. :twothumbs

Last edited:

landslug

Newly Enlightened
I understand that the sale is currently closed :whistle: and I don't have PM rights with this being my first post... so I'm asking if when you start producing these LED upgrades I would like to be considered.

Thanks

Charles

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have the list where the orders is not fulfilled yet. Next batch may use the CREE XP-E but that depends on the output/beam. It won't be anytime soon because the tower may need to be redesigned because of the focal issue. I don't have the XP-E yet so I can't tell. Let's keep this thread quiet first, I will keep you all informed when it's ready.

jolivanra

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a led drop-in for an e-1 series surefire. I think I am a year, maybe two, late :shakehead

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
Jolivanra,
You may find them in the marketplace from time to time. I purcahsed two of them in the past 3 months. What's really strange is that they're consecutive numbers. 117 & 118 from two different sellers. One was supposedly at 1.2 amps and the other is the standard 800 milliamps. Can't tell the difference at all. They work great in an E2e with the body bored out for a single cell 17670.
Have a try in the CPFMP! Good luck.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
#117 is suppose to be 1A not 1.2A. The original owner requested for a high powered drive but to keep the heat down the current is limited to 1A. I've explained this and made it very clear to the owner. Regarding the brightness issue, they are different batches of Rebel. The numbers on the towers are punched before any work is done to it. There is no tower with duplicated number.

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for clearing that up Koala! If I remember correctly, his ad stated it was running at 1.2 amps. Oh well, it still is a great little piece of engineering you've created. I'm happy that I coincidentally have consecutive numbers purchased.

piney12

Newly Enlightened
Hi Koala,

Is the two stage version still in the works for the future? I'm on the list.
Been EDC ing the original since I got it last summer. My favorite by a long margin.

Regards,

Joe Piney12

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but not until I finish the A2 Onion Rings. I have max out my ability to handle too many things at one time. I have a few XP-E R2s on hand, they are amazing in terms of brightness and have very low forward voltage. I meant to install it on the prototype adjustable tower(to find the right focus height) but I couldn't find it :( maybe it's lying somewhere in yclo's house but he's not in town at the moment.

chrisWELD

Newly Enlightened
Hi Koala,

really hoping you're going to do another batch of these one day - or something similar. One / two stages, whatever - I'll definitely be in for two of them!

Regards,

Chris

DonX_Fi

Newly Enlightened
Count me, also waiting list for maybe new coming E-MT F1 module !
That would be nice, if the price would be the same...

X_Marine

Enlightened
Put me on the elusive list should it appear. :thumbsup:

These are the best option I have seen for E1-E2 and my favorite around the house and for my tool boxes.

Many thanks Koala :twothumbs
X/BillyD..

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
Do want one of these babies with neutral white XP-E (or XPG, if they ever become available in neutral tint). :hitit:

smflorkey

Newly Enlightened
The E-MT looks nearly perfect for general lighting. I cannot decide between F1 and F2 yet so in typical CPF fashion I may "buy both" if they ever become available again. Here's hoping koala and yclo didn't get burned out on the last run; it would be good to see another batch of E-MT, especially with newer emitters. :poke:

Latest posts