Surefire E2E

emrbrtn

Enlightened
This seems to be helping more than just me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
emrbrtn, welcome to CPF and why dontcha stay awhile!

the E2e remains my favorite light, but mostly because it's so flexible. I hardly ever use an MN03, but have a modded KL1 on it, or an M2 bezel with HOLA, or some other config!

welcome again,
daloosh

emrbrtn

Enlightened
Thanks everyone, I just bought an E2e from moephiues for $76 shipped. Not a bad price I'd say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bignasty

Newly Enlightened
The E2E was my first quality flashlight and I still love it. It is very easy to add the KL1 or KL4 heads. I have both and recommend both. That being said the dimming after 30 minutes really bugs me and I only use it with the LED heads now. If I had to do it all over again I probably would get the A2, I agree with JS and 270winchester's recommendation of the A2. I don't have the A2, but it is only a matter of time.

That being said the E2E is a great way to ease in to the madness, just try to hold on to your wallet!

emrbrtn

Enlightened
Is the KL1 good brightness, after all its only 1 LED isnt it? I'm thinking of geting that next.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
The latest KL1 heads are rated for 30 lumens on 2x123 batteries. Also the latest ones are designed for throw; they use a TIR optic which creates a far throwing beam with minimal side-spill. The older KL1 heads have more of a flood type beam to them. I cannot remember what was the lumen rating that Surefire gave to the older heads.

I have both an older KL1 head as well as the latest one and both put out a very useable amount of light IMHO.