Surefire FM54...... ??

Niconical

Enlightened
I've been looking into the Surefire FM54.

It's a clamp on type diffuser, like the FM34, but for the E series.

I'm confused though as there seems to be so little info about it.
CPF gets just 2 results when searched, the Marketplace has none.

Google brings up some sellers, but searching the actual Surefire website for "FM54" gets no results.

What's up with that? Is it a genuine Surefire product? I'd hope so for the money it costs.

Also, this is a longshot, but if anyone happens to have a pic of one on an E2DL, that would be greatly appreciated :)

matt0

Enlightened
I've been looking into the Surefire FM54.

It's a clamp on type diffuser, like the FM34, but for the E series.

I'm confused though as there seems to be so little info about it.
CPF gets just 2 results when searched, the Marketplace has none.

Google brings up some sellers, but searching the actual Surefire website for "FM54" gets no results.

What's up with that? Is it a genuine Surefire product? I'd hope so for the money it costs.

Also, this is a longshot, but if anyone happens to have a pic of one on an E2DL, that would be greatly appreciated :)

I've been wondering this as well. First I heard of it was a week or so ago and Al mentioned it in some thread (can't find it now) and then the other day I suggested it in a response to one of your questions. I've found links to a few places that carry it but I found it odd that it's not listed on the SF site.

Niconical

Enlightened
I think when it comes to the FM54, this is my conclusion.

I'd love one. I think it would be a great addition to the E2DL. However, there is no way to justify it being that price. Even if in a weak moment I caved and bought one, I don't really think I'd enjoy it knowing it cost so much for so little.

So, F04 for me I think, off to the MarketPlace to put a WTB..... :)

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's a pretty new product. The first FM5x BeamFilter was introduced at SHOT Show 2008 - the FM53 IR BeamFilter.
The FM54 Beam Diffuser is the next logical step in terms of demand.
The BeamCover will likely appear next, followed by the red and blue BeamFilters.

SureFire made them for the ScoutLight (WeaponLight) market where a more secure...um... securement method is required to secure the BeamFilter.
Also the ability to open and close the BeamFilter is an advantage in this market sector.

SureFire.com has relatively few of SureFire's products so it's not surprising in the least (to me anyway) that the FM5x BeamFilters haven't made it onto the .com yet.

tango44

Enlightened
Is in the range of $75 to $90 dollars.

Happened in the past with Surefire and different products, the KX2C came out with different vendors and 2 months later was up in the Surefire Website.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
$75+?!? I don't particularly care for the looks of the FM54, so I hope SF continues to offer the original beam diffuser...

1996alnl

Enlightened
Is in the range of $75 to $90 dollars.

Happened in the past with Surefire and different products, the KX2C came out with different vendors and 2 months later was up in the Surefire Website.

!!!:sick2::broke:

Take care

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's Beam Diffuser uses POC's LSD holographic 20deg diffusion polycarbonate.

SureFire's glass BeamFilters (Red and Blue) are multi-coated glass windows including Anti-Reflection coatings to improve transmissivity in the desired frequency band. This accounts for the golden look they tend to have.

SureFire's IR BeamFilter material is coloured glass rather than coated glass.

matt0

Enlightened
SureFire's Beam Diffuser uses POC's LSD holographic 20deg diffusion polycarbonate.

SureFire's glass BeamFilters (Red and Blue) are multi-coated glass windows including Anti-Reflection coatings to improve transmissivity in the desired frequency band. This accounts for the golden look they tend to have.

SureFire's IR BeamFilter material is coloured glass rather than coated glass.

What about the FMx7 Beamcovers?

NeilP

Enlightened
OK this is an old thread, and I did consider starting a new thread, but since I wanted opinion on a subject that has already been discussed, I thought a post here with people who may have one, was the better option, as long as those that have previously posted have e-mail subscriptions to this thread. that way I'd get a more informed response.

Did any one get one of these in the end?

They are still not on the SF site but they are widely available.

I was just wondering how much clamping it had to clamp over a head less than 1 inch. I am pretty sure it will fit but wanted to ask before I get someone to commit to buy one for me.

I have a Fenix with a head diameter fractionally under the 1 inch, seems to be about 23-24mm. I don't have my vernier with me in the house to check exactly, so this is just measured with a standard tape measure.

If there was not enough clamping ability, a collar/ shim material could easily be used, but it would be good to know others experience.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I did some google searching and found two stores that still stock them. Apparently they were discontinued, or are in rare supply. As far as fastening to smaller diameter flashlight heads you will probably find that they will not fit. You could wrap tape around the head of your flashlight, which may allow the use of the FM 54. Good luck in your quest.

Bill

NeilP

Enlightened
I have found a couple of suppliers with stock, but they are not allowed to ship to me. But they are happy to sell to my uncle who lives in the USA so just waiting for him to get back to me

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums