SureFire Hurricane Batt Pack w/ Light

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
An H-Vf star *could* be the ticket with a little creative mod work. Give you 20+ hours on one cell! I think I read a rumor that the device was really intended to get around contractural obligations with Duracell in order to discount the batteries. I got mine way before there were SF-"branded" bats. (Al, you lurking?)

(Edit: I somehow missed paulr's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif post above. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

Larry

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bright 10mm LED might just fit, though I have no idea. Or, a 5mm LED with enough padding to fit into the bulb hole. The idea is to add some high value resistor to knock the current draw down to acceptable levels, and you'd have a great light right there on two cells.

Q4H LDs are still available from the Shoppe.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm lurking...

The history has been told. It was a means of allowing SureFire users to buy DL123A batteries at a more attractive price because they were part of product (Patented product too)

In reality, the 12B's were not the most ideal method of storing 123A batteries I found, and I guess there is no longer a large market for them.

Al