Surefire L4 vs Ultrafire C2 HA-III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
mick53 is not being offensive, just trying to prove his point. mick53, I just tried out my KL6 on a shorter body and compared it to the L4 form and the KL6 is much more obvious to me and my wife. Also sort of uncomfortable. By the way, I too am wearing Wrangler's, loose fit type. My pocket looks different than yours but I am sure that I am seeing something that is not there in yours.

Again, this thread is not about differences in quality between the C2 and Surefire lights. We are talking beam differences or not, and edc differences or not.

Bill

ps Is CPF moving slowly today (last nite too)?

He's overly dramatic, like when he confessed to cutting up his jeans when you simply asked if he had some sort of extra pocket or something. BTW, I don't see what you talking about.

Yes, CPF is moving slowly today. Sometimes pages just don't load. :shrug:

mick53

Newly Enlightened
[
Here ya go. You just called him a filthy dog. Don't you think that's a personal attack?

Jeez Sinjz,

I wrote in chinese because I thought he'd get a kick out of it, buddy.

你是污浊的猎狗。is an expression used between Chinese folks who are friends.

I went out of my way and asked a Chinese friend to email an expression that would be the equivalent of the English, "Oh c'mon man, you can't be serious" or something along those lines.

你是污浊的猎狗。 is an idiomatic expression in Chinese and does not carry a literal interpretation! As I said, I thought the guy would think it was cool.

Why have you drawn a bead on me, my dear friend? 'tis you who are acting like an *** and displaying all the attitude here.

As you are so fond of saying, major jeers to you, you filthy dog, you.

See what I mean? That is said in jest. I think we all know that you are not, literally, a filthy dog.

And as far as my saying to someone that I cut up a pair of jeans to sew a secret, third pocket in them for the C2, well to do that would be ludicrous beyond words.

And that too was offered in a humorous way and I think it was taken as such by everyone but you.

You really, really need to lighten up. This can't be good for your health.

Your pal.

Mike

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Ok guys, one of the CPF rules, criticize the post, not the poster. Go to PM's if you have a personal issue.

Bill

Zeppert

Enlightened
For the price - The C2 kicks the L4's BUTT badly. I own both.

Last edited:

Russianesq

Enlightened
For the price - The C2 kicks the L4's BUTT badly. I own both.

Watch out Zeppert, some of the other members will now go on the attack.

U dared to say something bad about the L4... watch out.... be very afraid.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, my Ultrafire C2, does not burst my jacket pocket. In fact I have enough room in my jacket pocket for my L4. I never suggested to EDC the C2 in a jeans pocket. I would also not suggest to EDC an L4 in a jeans pocket. Both could be nice lights to EDC in a holster on a belt.

Second, the L4 is known as the "flood" or "white wall" light among the 2 cell lights. So, yes I am impressed that this 2 cell $22.00 dollar light has better performance then the L4 with a price tag between $150.00 to $165.00.

Third, the C2 can also 18650 cells for guilt free lumens.

Fourth, the C2 tailcap is nicely recessed and will be less likely to turn on accidentaly.

Fifth, to all Surefire devotees. I am not insulting the L4. I own and enjoy a number of Surefire lights.

I thought that the L4 can use 18650 cells? Or is it 17670? Or only in the old version? Or only in the new version? Not sure?

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, getting back on the original question of the C2 having better flood than the L4, i would like to see some beam shots? Anybody?

Last edited:

Russianesq

Enlightened
my L4 can handle the 17670 batteries and unless u bore out the L4 it can not fit the 18650.

I am not sure about old or new L4 being able to handle the 17670.... i never had a problem with my light so never looked into this issue.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the L4 as bright with the 17670 as it is with the regular batteries? How is the runtime; 17670 vs. regular cr123?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
my L4 can handle the 17670 batteries and unless u bore out the L4 it can not fit the 18650.

I am not sure about old or new L4 being able to handle the 17670.... i never had a problem with my light so never looked into this issue.

I think the E-series tube is actually smaller in diameter than a protected 18650. Most P18560's are what, 18.5mm or so in diameter?

I EDC 2 cell E-series all the time, but I could not imagine EDCing the C2. It doesn't have a pocketclip either. It definately looks like a belt holster light to me. Then I could EDC it, but I don't like wearing a holster around all the time. As was mentioned previously, the tailcap looks about as large as the L4's head.

I was hoping to see some beamshots in this thread rather than talking about this stuff though. Although comparing a Luxeon 5 with a 19mm reflector to a Cree P4 or Q2 with what sounds like close to a 40mm reflector (according to what Bullzeyebill posted) seems a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Of course the head of the C2 is a little bit larger but how does that change how one would EDC the light? Just because a light has a biger reflector how does that change the real life ability to EDC?

Sadly, I think you're not being sarcastic....

Bigger reflector = bulkier light. When you increase bulk, you make a light less convenient to EDC. Especially if you just toss the light into a jacket pocket.

It's also noticeable when clipped to the top of a pants pocket. Before I got my L4, I typically EDCed a Streamlight TL-2 LED model. A nice light that, in terms of size, is in the same class as the L4. When I switched to the L4, I didn't notice a difference between the two lights, again in terms of size. Different story when I began to again EDC the TL-2 after a few weeks of using the L4. When clipped to the top of my pants pocket, the TL-2's head felt huge! I really noticed the difference!

From the pics you posted, the C2's reflector would be big enough to be noticed as being less EDC friendly than an L4. You may have found a light with more flood than an L4. But it's still a noticeably bigger flashlight.

Ericz23

Newly Enlightened
Could we just see some beamshots of these two lights?????? I am interested in getting a nice flood light but the price is just too much for me right now for the Surefire. This other light that you are talking about might just fit the bill. I would love to see some comapison beamshots, PLEASE!!!!!!!!:twothumbs

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, why do you always go back and edit your posts, even after people have replied to them? You even have posts that have been edited over an hour after you posted, some of which I noticed are completely different from when I first read this thread. I see you even deleted a whole post for some reason.... :thinking:

Second, your last two post (one new, one re-edited) are sooo full of it, and completely nonsensical, I find it hard to know where to start. I can't cover it all cause, unlike you, I don't have such a hole in my life to bother with your endless prattling.

However, I didn't tell Russianesq how to write his post (an accusation you added to a post after I replied to it). I simply pointed out where some of these defensive L4 posts may be coming from. He claims to not be attacking the L4; I pointed out that his starting with something like 'kicking the L4's butt', can comes across as an attack to some.

You didn't put in Chinese cause you think xiaowenzu would get a kick out of it. You did it to insult him without the majority of the CPF'ers knowing you were doing so, including the mods. You've been banned/suspended before for being a troll on some other anti-Surefire thread you started and you are continuing the behavior here. I wish you would of learned from you previous suspension, but it doesn't look like you have as you are still trolling. I've never seen that Chinese phrase used between friends like that before and even on the improbable chance it could be, it would be akin to me calling you an 'idiot'. Among friends, it might be ignored as a term of endearment Among strangers, like you and xiaowenzu are, it's an insult.

I didn't draw a bead on you, I saw a troll trying to bait people and hoped a few words would, one get you to stop, or two get mods to stop you.

"fond of saying, major jeers to you..."??? What the hell are you talking about? You're an idiot, buddy. ;) I mean that with love and in a "humorous way". :)

BTW, why were you offended when you thought I called you an '***'? We can all assume you are not "literally" an ***. If you were, how the hell would you be able to read and type??? :huh: :grin2: Lighten up 'pal'. :buddies: :devil:

Somebody get some beamshots up already. :) I suspect the Cree in a C2 would have to be driven pretty hard for it to equal the L4 in pure output and that reflector must be pretty shallow in order to get more 'floodiness' :D :nana: I would of suspected more throw from a light with a largish reflector.

[

Jeez Sinjz,

I wrote in chinese because I thought he'd get a kick out of it, buddy.

你是污浊的猎狗。is an expression used between Chinese folks who are friends.

I went out of my way and asked a Chinese friend to email an expression that would be the equivalent of the English, "Oh c'mon man, you can't be serious" or something along those lines.

你是污浊的猎狗。 is an idiomatic expression in Chinese and does not carry a literal interpretation! As I said, I thought the guy would think it was cool.

Why have you drawn a bead on me, my dear friend? 'tis you who are acting like an *** and displaying all the attitude here.

As you are so fond of saying, major jeers to you, you filthy dog, you.

See what I mean? That is said in jest. I think we all know that you are not, literally, a filthy dog.

And as far as my saying to someone that I cut up a pair of jeans to sew a secret, third pocket in them for the C2, well to do that would be ludicrous beyond words.

And that too was offered in a humorous way and I think it was taken as such by everyone but you.

You really, really need to lighten up. This can't be good for your health.

Your pal.

Mike

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Sinjz,

These are my last words on this to you, the mods have to be getting ticked off as am I.

Yes, I got the ol' temporary boot (for 3 days) because I was critical of Surefire. I didn't start the thread so I don't think this qualifies me as a "troll." I merely entered a rather strong opinion.

Yes, I make edits. I can't recall specifics. If I see I made a typo, I do an edit. If I phrase something that could me made clearer by using different words, I do an edit.

I have never changed the "substance" of what I said previously in a post. Again, I may change a word here or there for the sake of clarity. As for the post I deleted entirely, I made an assertion in that post which could could have been taken as "insulting." Not wanting to fan the flames of contention, I deleted it. It was the correct thing to do.

Read the words you directed at Russianesq. It's obvious you wanted Russianesq to post things the way YOU would like to see them posted. Read the words you are directing at me. You want me to post things the way you would like them posted. This is ridiculous for so many reasons I won't bother to list them. They are obvious.

Lastly, I'm done wasting my time with you. Please focus your attention on someone else or just post about flashlights for heaven's sake. You've gone way to deep into the personal realm here. No one wants to read this stuff.

Fini,

Mike

Last edited:

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehehe.... you wanna play? I'll play. :D

Sinjz,

These are my last words on this to you, the mods have to be getting ticked off as am I.

Cool, don't have to hear from you anymore! :clap:

mick53 said:
Yes, I got the ol' temporary boot (for 3 days) because I was critical of Surefire. I didn't start the thread so I don't think this qualifies me as a "troll." Imerely enterede a rather strong opinion.

You didn't start the thread? Then why did I find it under a list of threads you started? :ohgeez:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/171659

You're such a liar! :crackup:BTW, I don't know the nuances required to label you a troll, but Empath said "your starting post is clear baiting, and subsequent posts from you in the thread carries the same intent."

mick53 said:
Yes, I make edits. I can't recall specifics. If I see I made a typo, I do an edit. If I phrase something that could me made clearer by using different words, I do an edit.

I have never changed the "substance" of what I said previously in a post. Again, I may change a word here or there for the sake of clarity. As for the post I deleted entirely, I made an assertion in that post which could could have been taken as "insulting." Not wanting to fan the flames of contention, I deleted it. It was the correct thing to do.

You have never changed the "substance" of what I said previously in a post? Then how did your post #38 change from three sentences (I quoted them in my post #40) to the huge post it is now? :thinking: Liar!

mick53 said:
Read the words you directed at Russianesq. It's obvious you wanted Russianesq to post things the way YOU would like to see them posted. Read the words you directed at me. You want me to post things the way you would like them posted. This is ridiculous for so many reasons I won't bother to list them. They are obvious.

Hehehe.... sure :) I don't care how Rusianesq post things. I simply pointed out how his first post may have been seen as attacking the L4. And you're absolutely wrong about me wanting you to post things the way I want them. I DON'T want you to post at all you troll! :grin2:

mick53 said:
Lastly, I'm done wasting my time with you. Please focus your attention on someone else or just post about flashlights for heaven's sake. You've gone way to deep into the personal realm here. No one wants to read this stuff.

Fini,

Mike

As long as you stop with the baiting, I have no reason to bother with you. Did you think I was reading this thread so I could get YOUR opinion? :crackup:

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The top quote is how post #38 originally looked. Below that is the editted version. Never changed the "substance"???? :confused:

mick53 said:
Sinjz,

I haven't referred to anyone as an ***, have I? What personal attacks are you talking about?

Don't start with me, pal.

Mike

Sinjz,

You are quite the opinionated fellow, I must say!

First you jumped on me for "attitude" and "personal attacks." I re-read what I have written here and sorry, I don't see any "attitude" or "personal attacks" in my posts. I see some good natured humor here and there but nothing offensive.

Then you call me an ***. Now that's a personal attack. Not good.

Then you tell Russianesq, the originator of this thread, how he should have written the first post, what he should and should not have said in it. Not good either.

You've got way too much attitude for me and I don't appreciate the personal attack.

I just reviewed all the posts you've begun. Many of them are entitled, "Jeers to" and "Major jeers to". I guess you're just not very happy with the world are you? But just because you're not happy, you don't have to spread it around, do you?

Oops, I forgot. Misery loves company. My bad. You just want some company. I understand, I guess... .

By the way, the Red Sox will drub the Yankess again this year. They are letting them get closer in order to make the experience more painful for those overpaid bums.

Don't start with me pal.

Mike

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Sinjz,

The "substance" did not change. There was no real "substance" in the original post because I made no assertions in the post. I merely asked 2 simple questions, did I not?

After you responded to the questions, I "edited" the post in order to respond to what you said to me. Why would you make a federal case out of that?

You seem to be implying that I was being dishonest, or at the least disingenuous, by "editing" it. I used the space to respond what you said to me. Certainly no harm there and no foul either!

Now, STOP baiting me.

Mods, can't you do something about this guy? Warn him to knock it off or I'm going to remove the gloves and really tell him what I think of him. Then you're gonna boot me.

In the last post I said I was done with this, but I'm finding it impossible to take his crap and remain mute.

Thank you,

Mike

Last edited:

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you are responding to something I post, you're suppose to make a new post under mine so people can easily follow the chronological order of the conversation. By going back to edit something I already responded to, you are altering the flow and making it seem as if I didn't respond to things. In effect you ARE being dishonest and disingenuous.

I'm not baiting you. I'm responding to your lies. No reason for me to stay mute and take your crap when you're the one who said you were done with this. :shrug:

Sinjz,

The "substance" did not change. There was no real "substance" in the original post because I made no assertions in the post. I merely asked 2 simple questions, did I not?

After you responded to the questions, I "edited" the post in order to respond to what you said to me. Why would you make a federal case out of that?

You seem to be implying that I was being dishonest, or at the least disingenuous, by "editing" it. I used the space to respond what you said to me. Certainly no harm there and no foul either!

Now, STOP baiting me.

Mods, can't you do something about this guy? Warn him to knock it off or I'm going to remove the gloves and really tell him what I think of him. Then you're gonna boot me.

In the last post I said I was done with this, but I'm finding it impossible to take his crap and remain mute.

Thank you,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.