SureFire M3 box

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually chamenos it is used as my main emergency flashlight and is (Surefarc is gonna love this) Kept next to the bed. Fills it's role nicely too. And if I ever move to a jurisdiction that allows me to possess defensive firearms again without great hassle I will have a bright shock-isolated light that fills that purpose too. I think it would come with us in a bugout situation and I would take it on ventures where I thought it would be warranted. But I mainly got it as a emergency and eventual home defense light. Still haven't decided on a carrier for it but I am leaning toward either a Blackhawk Horizontal pouch or a SOE with velcro closure. I am no Spec-ops guy and don't really care about noisy nylon and velcro. I think I would want a Kydex holster for it if I were training with firearms but I think It would be real bulky in a kydex rig, otherwise.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks tsg, i think that's what i have in mind for my M3 as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif i might be getting a blackhawk pouch for it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened
tsg68, nobody told me anything. I know you guys sleep with it simply because I did when I got mine.

chamenos, I haven't put mine to serious use either. Just keep it next to my bed like tsg68 for emergency that has never occured.

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
I used to keep an M4, M3T, Scorpion, and an Infinity Ultra next to the bed, that is until one night I heard a noise and in reaching for 'a light' managed to knock them all (noisily) all over the floor which in turn freaked the dog who leapt onto the bed and woke my partner... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Never did find out what the noise was. I just keep the M3T and Infinity ultra by the bed now...

M3/M3T's are great lights, I use mine all the time for late night walks round the countryside.

Hellz

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hellz,

Been there, done that!
Knocked all the flashlights off my bedsidetable in search for water in the middle of the night.

Now I have a 12PM with 3" TurboHead and N62 Lamp - more stable. I also have two glowrings - one (green) at the TailCap Lanyard ring and another (orange) at the end of the lanyard with a PhotonII (Red)
A2 and L4 rest on their sides as I use the A2 (red) to navigate to the bathroom.

I used to carry the M3 as EDC when I wore a suit jacket. The M3 and 9AN-HA are mean looking flashlights. Serious looking.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the M3 is one of the most pretty looking surefires! its the reason that the M3 has been itch i've been wanting to scratch ever since i found out about surefires. better late than never! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i guess i'll be relegating my M3 to bedside duty for the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif