FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry MichiganMan but it was like stream of conciousness and I couldn't slow down for proper grammatical form. I am usually pretty good about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LED-FX

Enlightened
Shouldn`t post late on after a bad day, come to think of it should stay away from political threads entirely, but anyway.

Point was trying to make is the war against terrorism is a strange distorted world where it is very easy to become as bad as the enemy that your trying to fight.

Here, now that a very strained peace is holding with Irish terrorism, some of the story of what happened in that `war against terror` is beginning to emerge. Allegations of basically state sponsored murder, or at least the forces of law and order allowing murders to occur, when it would appear to help long term goals.

In Iraq there was the suspscious bombing of the Al Jazeera HQ in Baghdad and the tank firing on the hotel full of journalists, remember the Bosnian conflict where the Chinese Embassy was missiled because of `out of date` maps....

The hurried introduction of draconian laws allowing imprisonment without trial in this country, the sudden requirement that internet and phone records be made available to the security services at any time without any checks or balances to avoid abuse.

The prosecution of weapons dealers who were acting as eyes and ears of the U.K security services,who would let their eyes and ears go to prison for long terms rather than admit that they were involved.

The `war on terror` is not a black and white issue and unless you question the reasons given for actions taken, your freedom will be steadily eroded in the supposed name of protecting that freedom.

Sorry FalconFX if my post read as an ad hominem, against the man, argument that I was trying to protest about.It`s just that your original post seemed to show an unquestioning and naive acceptance of the reasons given for the U.S.`s current `war against terror`.

Adam