Taking apart Nitecore SR3

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: nitecore SR3 led

Paul6ppca... right next to your thread in the list is another thread covering the topic of taking this light apart. It would have been better if you had posted in that thread rather than starting a new one. I'm merging them.

Thank you

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a Acrylite® FF P-99 from flashlight lens 29.3 mm it helps smooth out the beam with out changing its throw.I think a very good improvement.:twothumbs The cree ring is now barley noticible only on a white wall hunt.

BTW I have used the same diffuser on quad die lights,it helps remove the donut /crosshair on MCE and P7 lights.It helps eliminate the artifact with out drastically altering the beam.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone please check where the magnets are positioned on the ring?

As I wrote before, there are 4 magnets and 4 dummies placed around the adjusting ring.
You can check by touching a small piece of metal near each 'button'.
(Here, I used a staple).
sr32.jpg

A replacement collar was finally made,
sr31.jpg

but after setting aside the parts for a few months, found that one of the stickers used to mark the positions fell off :rolleyes:

Right now, I know where 3 of the magnets go (1,2,3 in the diagram. Assuming you are looking from the battery side), but not the 4th.
ringz.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, with the current discounts on this light, I thought someone had a light they could check out? :whistle:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent! Thanks so much guys.
futz, a little more patience. Hope you get it soon :)

DimGR

Newly Enlightened
how about the tail cap? Its near impossible to unscrew mine. Tried several times to the point my hands was in pain afterwards

T45

Enlightened
how about the tail cap? Its near impossible to unscrew mine. Tried several times to the point my hands was in pain afterwards

I joined CPF in 2010 and wanted a SR3 from the moment I saw one, but the price tag was a bit much for me to afford at the time. Finally bought a used one last year from the marketplace :twothumbs love this light! I have had the strobe bug happen once and was not able to repeat it. Not a significant concern for me. I CAN'T GET THE TAILCAP TO UNSCREW!!! Glad to see that I am not the only one with this problem. Next time I am in a hardware store I will look for a belt vise.