• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Taking suggestions for custom products + Minimag bezel prototype interest thread

cfromc

Enlightened
Hi all,

I've begun a relationship with the inventor of the XCapeCap and we are looking into expanding his product line-up, which currently consists mainly of the glass-breaking XCapeCap tailcap, the Terralux TLE-300, and now some freshly released crenellated bezels for Maglites. Some ideas we are throwing around include a longer bezel (possibly un-crenellated) to protect the window, some battery solutions for high-output Mags, and a couple ideas I don't want to mention quite yet:naughty:. We are really open to any ideas where there is a need not being met or where some more variety would be nice.

Please post your ideas here and based on the volume and type of requests we may be able to bring some of the ideas to life. As a starter, I'd like to ask how many members would be interested in a crenellated bezel for the minimag LEDs? If you are interested, would you prefer a conservative crenellation (small teeth, enough to see if the light is on when bezel down) or aggressive bezel (long and/or sharp teeth)?

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Re: Taking suggestions for new custom products

Go for the tiny teeth.
CPF'er Download is already selling the sharp and aggressive variety for the minimag.

GLOCK18

Enlightened

Make an adapter which allows C-cell tubes to be used with D-heads.

Something like this, but without having to use the adapter

Dsc00064.jpg

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow Glock! I love it! Looks really nice!

Yes, please do something like that!

AlexGT

iocheretyanny

Enlightened

1)Less aggressive bezel.

2)Flatter Glass breaking tail. (Looks too much like a spear rigth now - may be hassled by police for looking too much like weapon)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Try your hand at making some Surefire compatible parts while you are at it!

I'd love an adapter that'd let me run an E series head on a C series tube. Yes it would be interesting to machine but if you put in a short integral rod to ensure contact it might be nice.

Switches, tubes, bezel rings, anything to add to the fun of LEGO. :twothumbs

ambientmind

Enlightened

how about making new heads for the c and d size maglites? everyone makes bigger heads for them, but how about something smaller? i know that would make it much easier for carry purposes. maybe a mag tailcap that resembles a surefire swo2 (one with a switch and one without), and how about a single 18650 body for a c size head?!?! i would love that! also some quality 4xaa>d adapters for around $20 would be nice! just make lots of parts to lego with and you'll be set! i know this is all wishful thinking but....:popcorn:

cfromc

Enlightened

how about making new heads for the c and d size maglites? everyone makes bigger heads for them, but how about something smaller? i know that would make it much easier for carry purposes. maybe a mag tailcap that resembles a surefire swo2 (one with a switch and one without), and how about a single 18650 body for a c size head?!?! i would love that! also some quality 4xaa>d adapters for around $20 would be nice! just make lots of parts to lego with and you'll be set! i know this is all wishful thinking but....:popcorn:

The smaller headed Mag is an interesting idea. Maybe something that is the same diameter as the body, yet still retains focusing ability..? That would probably require a custom reflector and window. And maybe something on the other end of the spectrum, like that 3" head that donn_ has?

Thanks everyone, a lot of good ideas so far, keep 'em coming. If you see something mentioned already that you are interested in, feel free do to a +1, the more interest, the more chance to get something out of vaporware and into production.

How about a custom Mag tailcap with a lanyard hole?

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

The tailcap with lanyard hole sounds good How about a bezel to protect an aspherical lens ??? Do you know if the current bezel on offer will protect an aspherical lens. The one that was offered by Kui does not

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about an XCapeCap v.2 with a retractable or flip-up point that would still allow for tail standing when the point wasn't in use? Maybe integrate the lanyard hole as well.

cfromc

Enlightened

The tailcap with lanyard hole sounds good How about a bezel to protect an aspherical lens ??? Do you know if the current bezel on offer will protect an aspherical lens. The one that was offered by Kui does not

The current bezel I have will not stick out more than the aspheric does. But I wouldn't say that something that does in the future is out of the realm of possibility.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

tailcap switch for mag d like macs
amber glass lens for mag d, bad weather/ fog
glow in dark mag rubber switch cover
mag battery carriers (parallel/series)

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast

As a starter, I'd like to ask how many members would be interested in a crenellated bezel for the minimag LEDs? If you are interested, would you prefer a conservative crenellation (small teeth, enough to see if the light is on when bezel down) or aggressive bezel (long and/or sharp teeth)?

I'd be pretty interested in a crenelated bezel for the plain ole mini-mag (not mini-mag LED). With smaller, non-aggressive teeth, perhaps 6 or 8 per 2pi.

Something going in this general direction (this wasn't meant for a mini-mag, i'm just using it as an example):

2978676665_4e2b78a05d_o.jpg