• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Target has Engerizer Ultimate lithium AA/AAAs now for $6.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I was at Target yesterday and noticed that they changed the price of their Energizer L91/L92 batteries to $6.99 for a 4 pack. The label said it was a new everyday price not a sale price making me wonder if Energizer is going to drop prices on the batteries for every retailer. With the Ultimate lithiums at that price if they still sell the advanced lithiums would they be similarly cheaper or not or are they now discontinued. The fact they dropped the price $3 for a 4 pack and it appears not a clearance suggests maybe they can drop the price further and still profit at $1.75 a battery they are still a little expensive to use to completely replace alkalines in everything when I can get them for less than 30 cents each at the dollar store to put in cheap stuff.

Maybe someone can chime in with a price on these from other stores perhaps they can be found locally even cheaper.

I would also add Target had some other Energizer flashlights on sale too like a 900 lumen AA light for about $2 off and a lantern for about $14 that looked interesting.

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened
Re: Target has Engerize rUltimate lithium AA/AAAs now for $6.99

Just bought Advanced Lithiums at a Target here in suburban Chicago. Marked Clearance for $5.38 for 4 pack. Ultimate Lithiums were marked $6.99 per 4 pack.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Sales of Energizers are down 21% since 2009 and that will likely become worse as more n more gadgets go the rechargeable route. They either closed or are closing 3 plants including their US plants in Missouri and Vermont. Malaysia is the third one named.

We may be see-ing the beginning of the end of Energizer itself as they've stated "it's too late to enter the rechargeable sector" I suppose that means they don't feel like they can compete with those Eneloop type of cells.

This price drop should see their sales stabilize at least a little since many folks don't dig on paying $2.50/ea for a double or triple A battery.

I know I'll gladly pay less for those batteries for some of my items. I already use them in a bunch of stuff.

Burgess

Flashaholic

Very interesting thread here !

Walmart has been selling Energizer Ultimate Lithium
AA 8-packs (L91-8BP) for $ 11.97 lately !

Usual price had been like $ 16.84

Very fresh stock, too.
Package I bought yesterday mfg. 03/2017 !

Yes, I love my Sanyo/Panasonic Eneloops.
But these are certainly handy to have !

BTW --
My understanding is the Advanced Lithiums
have been discontinued . . . .

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the alert. I bought a couple of Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA 8-packs for $3.58 each at the local Target store.

The expiration dates were 2035 and 2036. I might expire before then. :eek:

Blackbeard

Enlightened

about 2 weeks ago I got the 8 pack for $5.99, but will check on that $3.58 price and report back

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the alert. I bought a couple of Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA 8-packs for $3.58 each at the local Target store.

The expiration dates were 2035 and 2036. I might expire before then. :eek:

That is a good deal! I usually get them at Sam's club in cards of 12,typically the best deal around. I think the 12 packs at Sam's club are about $15 right now.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Nothing radical like that at my local Target. Just 4 packs for $6. Still a lot less than the former $10.
Walmarts too.

But Best Buy had 8 packs for $13 in my area. That's the best price I found. Again, still a lot less than $10 for a 4 pack.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
That is a good deal! I usually get them at Sam's club in cards of 12,typically the best deal around. I think the 12 packs at Sam's club are about $15 right now.
That's pretty good.... $1.25/battery as cheap as high end alkaline AA/AAAs in smaller quantities. With lithium primaries dropping 30% in price makes you wonder if they will start dropping alkaline prices in the future or not.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

so they cannot just relabel fdk lsd cells like everyone else is doing?
alkaleaks have been dead to me a long time now.
remotes and clocks.everything else rechargeable.
hard to sustain manufacturing when soon clocks and remotes are all thats left to buy them for.
i could see eliminating carbon zinc,zinc chloride and alkaline alltogether.
lithiums for long term storage and emergency use,and nimh,li-ion for everyday use.
huge reduction in pollution from not throwing disposables in landfills by the billions every year.
but its all been about the $$$$ till now.
the cash cow is about to die.
Sales of Energizers are down 21% since 2009 and that will likely become worse as more n more gadgets go the rechargeable route. They either closed or are closing 3 plants including their US plants in Missouri and Vermont. Malaysia is the third one named.

We may be see-ing the beginning of the end of Energizer itself as they've stated "it's too late to enter the rechargeable sector" I suppose that means they don't feel like they can compete with those Eneloop type of cells.

This price drop should see their sales stabilize at least a little since many folks don't dig on paying $2.50/ea for a double or triple A battery.

I know I'll gladly pay less for those batteries for some of my items. I already use them in a bunch of stuff.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

so they cannot just relabel fdk lsd cells like everyone else is doing?
alkaleaks have been dead to me a long time now.
remotes and clocks.everything else rechargeable.
hard to sustain manufacturing when soon clocks and remotes are all thats left to buy them for.
i could see eliminating carbon zinc,zinc chloride and alkaline alltogether.
lithiums for long term storage and emergency use,and nimh,li-ion for everyday use.
huge reduction in pollution from not throwing disposables in landfills by the billions every year.
but its all been about the $$$$ till now.
the cash cow is about to die.
I don't think the cash cow will ever die unless some environmental legislation puts the "pox" on it making alkalines unattractive or a better chemistry becomes available in the same price range as the lower tier offerings. I think the pressure on top tier alkalines is increasing as people are more and more are abandoning the aging chemistry for lithium ion offerings. I think USB and lithium ion is the future for now and when safer lithium ion based batteries make the market we may see most devices that are using 1.5v chemistry to abandon them totally. I wouldn't buy stock in an alkaline battery manufacturer right now for sure.

I still wonder when Energizers stranglehold on lithium primary chemistry will be over with such that competition opens in the market to drive the prices down even further. I would put lithiums in all my remotes if they were $1 each but at $1.75 I balk and having to buy a dozen of them at a time to get the price down to $1.25 is not in my current budget at this time

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic

Since the discussion has become a violation of "Good Deals" policy, and the basic need for the original topic has been satisfied, we'll close this thread here. Discussion of battery preferences can be carried on in our batteries forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.