Taser and batteries

DocArnie

Newly Enlightened
Hello!
Does anybody know if it could do any harm to my taser (M18), when I put Energizer Lithium AAs in it?
Anyway, I'm asking myself if I could run my taser on other batteries than Duracell Ultra M3 or Energizer rechargeables (that's what the company recommends, but I think they made their tests quite a few years ago...).
So the taser can run on high quality alkalines as well as on rechargeables. But what if I use Panasonic PowerMax3 cells for example?

Just curious... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thx

Arne

shimmeringtrance

Newly Enlightened
you can use any type. i use duracell ultras in mine but would use energizers just as easily if not available.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
You use your taser a lot? Is this for just in case you need it the power will be there? You use it for law enforcement or personal? Just wondering.....

DocArnie

Newly Enlightened
It's just for home-defense. I know, using the recommended batteries won't make me poor. I was just curious. I thought, maybe the producer recommends those Duracells, because they are better for police use, which would be a bit different (and more often) than civilian use.

thanks

Arne

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh ok. Makes sense then to use lithiums than recharagable ones if you seldom use it, but want it ready.

I was wondering what you use it for as I use a TENS unit and searching for electrodes brought me across some interesting adult websites where some folks like being jabbed with a taser or stun gun during certain functions. That almost makes a good satire headline, "My girlfriend likes being jabbed with a taser".