Tekna 2D flashlight w/battery indicator: Upgrades?

DDS

Enlightened
One of my favorite old lights that I have used in my car for MANY years is my Tekna 2D with battery indicator and lever controlled spot to flood switch. I was wondering what I could do to improve its performance? Could a LED conversion be done without harming the light( it is all plastic)? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Dave

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, Dave.

I take it from your thread last year that the incandescent route did not work out well. I don't know that light but I gather it is PR based. If this is true it might be possible that Mag's new LED drop-in replacement would work. I say possible because folks are reporting that they don't fit in all PR based flashlights. I don't own one but I can tell you they sense heat and drop down the power when they get hot so, if it did fit, it probably wouldn't hurt your light.

Some of the guys like SMJLED drop-ins. Apparently there are many iterations. I've seen one in action and it was nice. No barn-burner but nice. Not everyone is a fan of the Mag drop-in but I think the majority think they are pretty good.

- Jeff

DDS

Enlightened
Jeff: Thank you for your reply. Yes, last year, my bulb change only did not make much difference. I will look in to the LED drop-in route and SMJLED too. Thanks, Dave

Last edited: