The best site where buy wholesale flashlights ??

lucertolone

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for these 2 alternatives, I'm waiting the Fenix then I'll try some of them !
Thanks
Simone
p.s. In Italy litium batteries like CR123 aren't of common use, we use only AA and AAA or C/D cells

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? It probably varies depending upon where you live in the country, I guess. I've only met one person who carries Pelican M6. Around here, of the cops that carry personal lights on their belts, the SL Stinger seems to be popular, followed by a variety of the 2 CR123 lights from either Surefire or Streamlight.

Can't say that I've ever seen anyone carrying one of the Chinese lights on their duty belts though.

A few years ago, I did encounter one officer who was using a Lightwave in lieu of her SL20. I think it was a present from her dad.

cheapo said:
this light is used a lot by law enforcement officers, and it is VERY BRIGHT for its size. cheap too:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/pem6lifl1.html

or this:

http://www.jsburlysflashlights.com/...t=led_flashlights&catstr=HOME:led_flashlights

-david

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, actually, i have seen a few posts around here, and many police officers have the pm6 on their belts.

-David

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said, things differ in different locales. And the number of people who are involved in law enforcement here are only a minute number compared to all the people in the U.S. who are employed as sworn personnel either as their profession or in a reserve capacity. I don't think you can apply what you see here as an average representation of the law enforcement community as a whole. And many officers only rely on their issued flashlight (usually full sized or as equipment in the car), they don't even carry a personal light on their belt. There are also other considerations to take into account, like whether they work days or nights.

Maybe if you take a look at what you see locally; it will give you a better idea of the variety. Not to say that the PM6 is not a viable light, it's a great value compared to the others, but Pelican is still emerging from their mail-order roots as a company, and the majority of their public safety sales are to fire departments rather than police. Pelican's primary focus with lights seems to be for diving and firefighting.

cheapo said:
well, actually, i have seen a few posts around here, and many police officers have the pm6 on their belts.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Like I said, things differ in different locales. And the number of people who are involved in law enforcement here are only a minute number compared to all the people in the U.S. who are employed as sworn personnel either as their profession or in a reserve capacity. I don't think you can apply what you see here as an average representation of the law enforcement community as a whole. And many officers only rely on their issued flashlight (usually full sized or as equipment in the car), they don't even carry a personal light on their belt. There are also other considerations to take into account, like whether they work days or nights.

Maybe if you take a look at what you see locally; it will give you a better idea of the variety. Not to say that the PM6 is not a viable light, it's a great value compared to the others, but Pelican is still emerging from their mail-order roots as a company, and the majority of their public safety sales are to fire departments rather than police. Pelican's primary focus with lights seems to be for diving and firefighting.

ok... i dont really care, i just saw some posts saying that they like there pm6 for duty.... not really a big deal. I'll edit my post, because i see where i was wrong.

-david

Latest posts