The Gotham Review

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this true or do you mean the cheap plastic IMS 20mm?
i didnt know Don made Smooth McR20`s.If he does i really want to try some.

Great review btw :thumbsup:

Benny

Benny,
It is the IMS 20, but the beam is much smoother than you would think.
I'm very fond of the IMS20s. Trust me you'll love it.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review EricMack! I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my Gotham!!!:popcorn:

flash_bang

Enlightened
I must admit that is some serious pice of engineering.
Is the body one with the head?

Benny
I think on lighthound it says that it is a "headless" design, where the body is one with the head. Wouldn't this also mean the electronics/emitter and stuff could be taken out thru the back?
TIA,
Flash

KnOeFz

Enlightened
I think on lighthound it says that it is a "headless" design, where the body is one with the head. Wouldn't this also mean the electronics/emitter and stuff could be taken out thru the back?
TIA,
Flash

The bezel is different material (Ti) from the body (Al) so it probably unscrews...
So it's probably accessable through the front as well.
Just guessing though.

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cudos to Leef and Milkyspit!! :thumbsup:

I find the non concentric or symetric about the major axis, mill work on the surface to be quite refreshing and interesting!! No doubt some of us may have invisioned similar deviations, in general, from the common place but thinking about it and doing it are two different things! You guys did it, and nicely! Cool! :D

Don, thanks so much!!! Speaking personally for a moment, I'm absolutely floored to receive thumbs-up from the master. Wow... don't know what to say! :eek:

Much appreciated my friend. You've been an inspiration for a loooonnng time. :bow:

Leef

Enlightened
Flash_bang, the innards come out easily through the front end. They're retained by the titanium bezel, and can be removed for inspection, modding, using as fishing weights, whatever.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my Gotham and I'm blown away. It is better looking in person than in pics.

Thanks!!!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night, after putting the kids to bed, Linda and I took a nice hour-long walk around the neighborhood at the shore (my father-in-law stayed at home with the kids). My wife took my seoul=modded Gladius, I took the Gotham. After 10 minutes my wife turned off the Gladius and we used the Gotham solely. WOW, this thing is bright, and the beam is so well balanced too. Great color. The neighborhood has no street lights, so we really got to put the Gotham through its paces. It threw for a great distance, yet when held at hip level it put out a bright, large flood that was probably 7' or 8' across when aimed 3' in front of us on the road. We played with the four light levels and found that level 2 (second lowest) was about ideal for a walk.

It did get warm on high after an running for about 30 minutes (the other 30 mins were on level 2), but only warm. It was comfortable to carry too.

Gatsby

Enlightened
Wow that is one sweet looking light! And I definitely agree with the ti comments - that material cranks up the price to a level that makes a lot of lights just out of reach.

Nice work and very, very unique and eyecatching design!