• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

THE INSPRIATION Giveaway

Kozy

Enlightened
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great." – Mark Twain

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
never kick a man when he's down...he may get up! A quote from my uncle bill when i graduated the police academy. can't remember the context he told it to me, but every time i talked to him about it, i found new meaning in it.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: THE INSPIRATION Giveaway

Spread love wherever you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier...Mother Teresa

I still have the pendant she gave me when she blessed me for being one of her bodyguards. I live and work in one of the towns that houses a convent of her order.

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

My mother is still my inspiration. I picked her up from the hospital following her cancer surgery. She insisted on going shopping, even though she couldn't eat, she wanted the fridge filled for her grandkids. when we got home, she saw the weeds in her flower bed and she bent over to yank a few. i told her to knock it off and come in the house. i brought the groceries in since she's not supposed to lift anything, and 30 mins later i still hadn't seen her. i went outside and she did the ENTIRE 25 foot long flower bed and left the weeds in a pile. i yelled at her "who do you think you are, Bruce Lee? She said, "Yeah. we are twins". that's when it dawned on me Bruce Lee would have been 75 this year, same as her

Capolini

Banned

^^^ God bless your Mom,,,,,,,,,,It seems to me she wants to LIVE instead of allowing her condition to limit her life. :D

Bruce Lee is a great inspiration! I like your Moms reply!

11.27.1940-Bruce Lee

11.27.1942-Jimi Hendrix.....................Both buried in Seattle...........Vinh was there, I was there and countless others!

radiopej

Enlightened
"There's no life
that couldn't be immortal
if only for a moment.

Death
always arrives by that very moment too late.

In vain it tugs at the knob
of the invisible door.
As far as you've come
can't be undone."

On Death, Without Exaggeration
- Wislawa Szymborska

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
This item was posted in a Nurses lounge at a local hospital:

And God promised all men that good and obedient women would be found in all the corners of the earth...

Then he made the earth round and laughed and laughed and laughed....

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
God made man frail as a bubble,
God made love, love made trouble.
God made the vine, so is it a sin,
That man made wine, to drown trouble in...?
I realize this is an "inspiration giveaway", but often I find inspiration in humor. When it seems as if we don't know whether to laugh or cry, good humor often provides the answer. 1118

Kozy

Enlightened
"The difference between a successful person and others is not lack of strength not a lack of knowledge but rather a lack of will." – Vince Lombardi

Kozy

Enlightened
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." – Arthur C. Clarke

lumentia

Enlightened
I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg
Haha cool I'm a Hedberg fan :thumbsup:

speaking of which:
I used to do drugs; well, I still do, but I used to also.
-Mitch Hedberg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Lets call and end to this thread on the 31st so I can start a new one and give even more freebies :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
No screenshot so you guys will just have to take my word for it! The winning number is 2413!

Whoever got it or is closest please email me to claim your prize!!!