• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
thought your hid was over 1 million alex?

last time i measured it was actually at 30 feet. messed up yards and meters lol. so backed up everything to 32.8 feet so it was going to be lower. still over all this meter is about 10% to low imo. so its still over a million. increase all numbers by 10% and your close. x65vn and bkfa09s are way lower then 10% maybe tint is throwing things of idk.

hahoo

Enlightened
last time i measured it was actually at 30 feet. messed up yards and meters lol. so backed up everything to 32.8 feet so it was going to be lower. still over all this meter is about 10% to low imo. so its still over a million. increase all numbers by 10% and your close. x65vn and bkfa09s are way lower then 10% maybe tint is throwing things of idk.

yeah those 2 are the unders for sure, esp that bkf..
that tn42, xhp35 is right on the money huh:thumbsup:
hard to believe but 3 feet does make a diff, even at 10 meters or so

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Bday MAD! :party: I wish I can be as cool as you when I'm your age :D

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes.
Remember guys, we have no choice but to grow older. But, we can choose not to grow up! ;)

I suspect that's pretty much the attitude around here since we're all playing with flashlights. LOL

P. S. Oh come on wimmer, I could still pass for 62. :D LOL

Last edited:

SAMongoose

Enlightened
Hey everyone. Looks like we're back up & running! For a minute there, I thought we had all been banned. :yikes:

While the lights were out on CPF, I had my 65th birthday! My daughter baked a chocolate cake for me. When I first saw it, I thought she had put 65 candles on it! LOL

How's this for CANDLE POWER?

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! :twothumbs:clap:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy bday Mr MAD!

Good to know CPF is back:)

Two things I've learned are not to complain about CPF being slow and not to post in the automotive section ;)

I really try not to take this forum for granted!
I'm not currently a financial supporter (my bank bal is two digits right now) but when I get a bit more $ I will be.

Anyways..
I'm going to attempt soldering a stiffer third spring to my CQVN so it won't change modes when bounced around on my handlebars.
I'll be back w results!
Probably no beam shots as we've all seen a quad xpl in 4000K hehe.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Yeah, the X45 and X9 are both coming soon, and will probably be made into production lights by Vinh. The X45 is available for preorder at $219. less than half the X65.

I'm wondering if we'll see 20,000 and 30,000 lumens on VN production models. The x45 is looking particularly sweet imo. I think that one is poised to be a grand slam at its given price point, with those 4x xhp-70 reflectors with relatively deep/wide dimensions.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
CQVN on the operating table.

The new thick spring Vinh sent me combine with the two original are working GREAT so far and I can't make it change modes even by hammering on the host :)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
CQVN on the operating table.

... ... ...

The new thick spring Vinh sent me combine with the two original are working GREAT so far and I can't make it change modes even by hammering on the host :)
Did you use The Hammer of the Gods? While playing The Immigrant Song?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you use The Hammer of the Gods? While playing The Immigrant Song?

Hah! Maybe if there were some girls around to show off for...
so far so good with the spring.
Maybe more In a JP way than RP ... need to work on my six pack ;)

Also added an FS54VN to my L2P - which was a bit fiddly cuz I had a brass retainer which was too thick.
Found an old solarforce retainer in my parts and it's working out ok so far.

Where is everyone?

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am here?
It got warm, then cold again, crushing spirits. Now I'm just waiting out the weekend so it can get warm again so I can get out and play.