The Lounge Jan-June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumentia

Enlightened
Re: The 2015 Lounge

It was down for everybody. They were doing a software upgrade and found a significant issue that had to be repaired.
Ah figgered. Glad they got it fixed. I know crashes can get ugly sometimes.

joshjp

Enlightened

Thank you, Ty!

2317hi.jpg
Wow those look sexy, were did you get em?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Taking a break tonight to watch a movie. Answer all emails later. Thanks all

MaxBeam

Enlightened

To the battery harvesters out there--Home Depot has a 2 pack of Riggid 12v 4ah batteries $35.06--They yield 6 Samsung 20R per pack--That's like $3.18 a cell

20R%20pack_zps8nkz478h.jpg
20R%20cells_zpslnpbmkys.jpg

Chops,
I haven't been able to find this deal on the internet at Home Depot. They do have these exact two battery packs posted for $55.20 plus tax though, which works out to around $5.00 per batery.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chops,
I haven't been able to find this deal on the internet at Home Depot. They do have these exact two battery packs posted for $55.20 plus tax though, which works out to around $5.00 per batery.
You have to go in the store--a couple people say they are marked $50 but when you go to the register they ring up $35.06---The $.06 meaning this is the second to last price drop $.03 means last price drop before removal

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

Guys whats you fave VN?

I dont mean the one you would pick if you could only have one or he most practical, I mean which do you like the most?

This may be strange but for me its my D25CTiV3-XPL-Searchlight Edition dome on...longest name for shortest tourch in my collection...

But I just love the colour of the Ti and the shine, I love the UI that is simple but can be adjusted to your taste.

I love the clicky its responsive but slightly hard to push and lastly the beam is insanely bright with great throw (for its size and dome on) its an amazing EDC and evan with new mods comeing out I dont think I will replace it for a long long time.

Its also a nice handwarmer and comfy to and has got a good pocket clip and is the most WOW light I have...the power to size ratio is insane.

Thats enough about my light I want to hear about yours.

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

I dont mean the none you would pick if you could onlt have one or he most practical, I mean which do you like the most?

I think for me it is still the K40vn, which was my very first Vinh light. Flooders can be boosted, but Vinh's mods really make throwers shine (pun intended). It has the best pure white tint of any de-dome I have ever seen (SR52vn would be in the running also if the tint wasn't greenish), throw is tremendous, modes and runtimes are good, overheating is not a major problem, it isn't too expensive, and the big flawless reflector is just beautiful. It is his most popular light of all time, and deservedly so.

gofastman

Enlightened

Hi,
I posted a thread on this and it was requested to be moved here.
anybody use 4.35v cells, like the LG E1, in vinh's lights with good results?
I'm wondering if they might reduce heat build up a little with linear drivers. Vf, especially in the new XML2, seems to be getting pretty darn high when pushed hard.
I'm wondering if they could reduce a bit of heat inot my lights, specifically the TM06VN, TN36VN, and P36vn.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi,
I posted a thread on this and it was requested to be moved here.
anybody use 4.35v cells, like the LG E1, in vinh's lights with good results?
I'm wondering if they might reduce heat build up a little with linear drivers. Vf, especially in the new XML2, seems to be getting pretty darn high when pushed hard.
I'm wondering if they could reduce a bit of heat inot my lights, specifically the TM06VN, TN36VN, and P36vn.

I very much doubt it would make a significant difference, especially in multi-cell lights that run cells in series. I do use a couple 4.35 volt cells in single-cell lights - because the voltage is higher under load, it means I can run turbo/high modes for longer before it falls out of regulation/steps down.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

Oops double post.

Forgot the SD card :( but it was spectacular, will try again when I can.

Last edited:

lumentia

Enlightened

Oops double post.

Forgot the SD card :( but it was spectacular, will try again when I can.
So did that come with a light already on it? Looks like it's built in. Or did you strap a ld50vn to it lol? That would be cool for annoying neighbors.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Feeling kinda sick today so I am going to rest. Sorry for the delay with emails and shipping. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts