The Quark lights thread! (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapkil

Enlightened
Huh? What happened to the David's (4sevens) announcement that they soon will be selling the Quark heads with neutral LEDs?

He wrote that there will be 6 types and it is a problem for them to have so many options, then there was some discussion. I could swear it was in this thread. I wanted to check how the discussion ended but it's no longer here. Anybody knows where it is now?

SilentK

Enlightened
Huh? What happened to the David's (4sevens) announcement that they soon will be selling the Quark heads with neutral LEDs?

He wrote that there will be 6 types and it is a problem for them to have so many options, then there was some discussion. I could swear it was in this thread. I wanted to check how the discussion ended but it's no longer here. Anybody knows where it is now?

Same here. i also remember this thread having 3 pages it seems.

500th post! w00t! I love that little asterisk :grin2:

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe we are spending so much time on CPF we are starting to see things :eek:

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it dim or goes straight into this super low? I remember reading that there is a similar procedure for Fenix lights. It included pushing the head and I think the steps were in fact identical but I'm not completely sure.

it'll flash the tight mode output for that split second(while doing the quick press) and then be the super low.

xenonk

Enlightened
May have been considered advertising/product announcement on CPF proper and moderated. I remember it too.

wapkil

Enlightened
it'll flash the tight mode output for that split second(while doing the quick press) and then be the super low.

I don't remember where I saw it for Fenix lights but I'm pretty sure I read that they have a similar mode. I think the Quarks have a similar circuit so it would even be logical. There was a theory that it is for programming something in the driver but I think it wasn't confirmed. I'm not sure if it is completely safe to use it, e.g. whether one couldn't accidentally reprogram the light.

jcw122

Enlightened
Why There is a Pre-flash

Hey everyone, I e-mailed 4Sevens and found out the reason for the pre-flash. I haven't seen this explanation in the other threads so here is some useful information:

Mary @ 4Sevens said:
EDITED, as this was private e-mailing. See my paraphrase on POST 81

At least it is a hardware limitation opposed to an actual design flaw.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast

May have been considered advertising/product announcement on CPF proper and moderated.

Any posts considered advertising are subject to removal along with any replies to such posts.

Thinking to self..... I could have sworn this has been stated a few hundred times since this policy went into effect. Maybe it's just me.
:duh2:

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Why There is a Pre-flash

Hey everyone, I e-mailed 4Sevens and found out the reason for the pre-flash. I haven't seen this explanation in the other threads so here is some useful information:

jcw122,

If that is a quote from a private correspondence, do you have permission to post it? If not, it needs to be removed.

xenonk

Enlightened
Content removed in violation of rule 8

Last edited by a moderator:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question for the folks who have both the neutral and regular white...if you could keep only one...which would it be?

kwkarth

Enlightened
Question for the folks who have both the neutral and regular white...if you could keep only one...which would it be?

I have a Quark123 with both neutral white and regular tint heads and although I like both, I would keep the neutral white head without hesitation if I could only keep one or the other. I have more neutral tint Quarks (123x2 T, and a AA with AAx2 tube) on the way.

So, no question, neutral tint all the way.

Last edited:

wapkil

Enlightened
Re: Why There is a Pre-flash

Actually it was explained in the previous thread but was then considered a private correspondence with the customer service and removed :ohgeez:

Maybe you could rephrase the contents so the explanation is still available?

I'm not sure what's the difference between the hardware limitation and the design flaw (except like in "it's not a bug, it's a feature"), but I digress.

FoxyRick

Newly Enlightened
The postman brought me my AA and AA2 warm tacticals this morning! (He also took away £18 in customs fees)

They're superb lights - I can't wait for it to get get dark enough to try them out properly.

I do have a small problem now though - my wife caught the parcel and I had to open it in front of her.

She asked why I had bought two. For a moment I was stuck for words; I couldn't think of an answer that would really satisfy her ('buy both!' just wouldn't cut it) until she came to my 'rescue' with...

"Aww - you got the small one for me didn't you?"

What could I say but "yes, dear"?

So I've already lost the AA version!

ohwhyme

Newly Enlightened
just got my neutral quark aa tactical and not very satisfied. It came with a 14500 that doesn't work as its got corrosion on the top of the battery. You think I should try and charge it? My other 14500 came charged. I tried a working 14500 battery and put it in and it would only work momentarily as I had to keep holding the clicky in to make it constantly. Also it made squeeky noises as it was on max. I programmed the first mode to be moonlight mode and it still won't stay on constantly without me having to hold down the button. But going to the second mode works just fine. Any ideas what is wrong? It works perfectly fine with an AA battery. I thought it could use 14500s?

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got my neutral quark aa tactical and not very satisfied. It came with a 14500 that doesn't work as its got corrosion on the top of the battery. You think I should try and charge it? My other 14500 came charged. I tried a working 14500 battery and put it in and it would only work mometarily as I had to keep holding the clicky in to make it constantly. Also it made a squeeky voice as it was on max. Any ideas what is wrong? It works perfectly fine with an AA battery. I thought it could use 14500s?

Well...regarding the batt...check the voltage...if it is to low don`t try to charge...I would send it back. Otherwise maybe clean and charge.

As far as the fitting troubles...try removing the tail and look in the switch...see if you can fit a tool (tweezers for example) into the two holes and try tightening it down.

Another Idea might be to turn the body around...see if that helps.

ohwhyme

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the reply. Not sure what u mean with tightening the two holes down can't see anything I could tighten down. I tried to turn it around and now I can't have the second mode constant. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.