The Surefire E1E

Cascade Range

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a lot of experience with lights but am continuously learning especially being on this great forum. A few weeks back I flashed the bulb in my new E1E but all is good as a new one arrived here yesterday and it's back on my hip.

I quite like this light. It's a great little edc and it's not all that bad runtime. I'm really surprised at the beam it throws out for such a small light. It's probably a bit more than the stated 15 lumen it says it puts out?

Anyhow, is there love on this forum for the E1E? I can't see anything in the near future replacing this great little light for my all around carry. :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is always love for the e-series Surefire lights. They are great little lights.

If you ever want more illumination from the little guy you have multiple upgrade paths as well including the LumensFactory bulbs for RCR123 cells and (dare I say it in the incan forum) Steve Ku's e-series drop-ins.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a big E1e fan but have never liked the MN01. Well, maybe at the start for a couple of batteries worth of runtime.

IMO it is so much better with all the conversion options out there. I ran mine on a Surefire KL1 for nearly six years before I swapped the LED with a Cree XR-E. Now it is still as awesome - just puts out more light :) you could say I am a huge fan of the ORIGINAL KL1s - the ones with fins.

If you have the stock bezel, try the Veleno Designs LED conversion drop-in. Or as suggested, the LF extreme output lamp. My Winelight is using it - it is a huge upgrade and it is most certainly worth it. 90 lumens rated, 60 lumens OTF....awesome!

sawlight

Enlightened
NOTHING but love for the E-series lights! If I could figure out a reasonably cost effective way to make one multi-mode, I'd be carrying an E1!
I also preach that I don't think you can be a true flashaholic without owning an E2E, it's purity, simplistic nature and small size MUST be respected!:devil:

ASheep

Enlightened
I'm very new to the E series loving crowd, but I'm completely hooked! I've got an old E1e with a LF EO-E1R in it. I absolutely LOVE it! I swear it's more than 60 OTF, it feels like you have the sun in your hand on a dark night! I think it has to do with the tiny size of the thing, smaller body makes your brain think smaller output :sssh:
I may get one of the HO-E1A bulbs for longer runtime and the option of running primaries... I'm hooked!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
NOTHING but love for the E-series lights! If I could figure out a reasonably cost effective way to make one multi-mode, I'd be carrying an E1!
I also preach that I don't think you can be a true flashaholic without owning an E2E, it's purity, simplistic nature and small size MUST be respected!:devil:

Aside from a kuku drop-in I assume? I've wondered if there was a way to lathe down and AW Softstart to fit in the tail of a z52 or clicky. I'd be totally down for a few of them.

Cascade Range

Newly Enlightened
Hey it's great you guys are enjoying your E1E series lights with or without
mods. Personally as a very comfortable every day carry this one puts out enough Lumen for me. If it comes down to runtime vs. Lumen I'll go with runtime on this light. Thanks though for all the suggestions. :)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
In stock trim it is a fantastic light. Add a Koala/Eclo Aussie Mini-tower and you get close to a perfect pocket light. Lots of room filling flood with a hotspot that throws just the right amount IMHO. I also have an original Frankenhead (finned) KL1, single stage KX1, and a KX1B (taken from a Scout Light). All but the Frankenhead a complete light!

I could be happy with just the E1e platform. All the variants I have all satisfy the various niches we flashaholics enjoy; incan, LED, flood, throw, and runtime. I even have a Lumens Factory lamp that I got in a package deal that is designed for rechargeable batteries.

Yes this is a great light!

Illum

Flashaholic
I can't say for Koala's dropins but for Kuku's the spill is good but the throw is amazing... 3 stage output + RCR123A is a keeper. I just found out tonight while setting it on low with a F04 beamshaper popped on its bezel its perfect for checking menus while keeping it discrete:laughing:
In the past I used my L4 with an MCE LED...you can imagine the looks. :crackup:

E series are easy to EDC, has an integral clip, plenty of modifications...need to go P60? take an E2C. Need to tailstand? grab a Z68, E2D TC or a new retainer ring. About the only thing I could need that my E2e series can't provide is probably to accomodate 18650 cells, but just about everything else theres plenty of choices.

Last edited: