The Ultrastinger throws farther than you might think!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure you can just buy the reflector or request for one direct from Streamlight, instead of buying a whole new light.

...But for sure my next light purchases are going to be the Ultrastinger (thanks sean) and the Stinger XT for general use.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i have not heard of the dimpled and orange peel...mine is dimpled at the bottom and smooth at the top....i got mine from brightguy a little less than a month ago.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to add more of my change on this light.

When i had an ultrastinger, before i returned, i was VERY happy with it's performance. The only reason why i returned it was because it cost me 150 dollars at a local police shop. After debating the price over the weekend, i decided that it was too expensive.

Anyway, while i had it, i brought it camping with me. I just don't understand why people say that this light is useless for up close use. My particular US had the fully textured refloctor, therfore it gave a GREAT, BRIGHT, nearly prefect beam at ANY focus.

Obviously, the tightest focus was no good for the trails, but as soon as i adjusted it to a flood focus, this light became my best friend. It was BRIGHTER than my UK Light Cannon (with or without its beam shaper)!!!

Seriously, this thing is perfect , IMHO, in every way. I wouldn't hesitate to use this as my primary light when and if i become an LEO after college. It is great for upclose, <45yards, or far-reaching, >50-75yards, applications.

Keep in mind that i had the fully textured reflector, and that the beam i talk about is due to the reflector type. I'm sure that if you had the half/half or smooth refloctor you would get the "all to familiar" maglight type beam. It's my guess that the fully textured reflector greatly limits it's throw-ability. THat is why when i do get my hands on another US, i will try buying both reflectors....or two Ultrastingers
smile.gif

Latest posts