Thinking of Buying a E1E

Spence

Enlightened
GBONE said it all. If you are on your way to collecting a number of SF's, and I bet you are, you'll want to have that E1e. It's alot of fun, no matter what you do with it. Later you'll acquire an E2E, E2L and an E1L, all terrific lights, but your L1 CREE tops them all for EDC.
Just have fun and let your heart be your guide, buying these lights is a great way to spend your money and time.
Spence
:thumbsup:
buttrock.gif
:twothumbs

Scorpionboy

Newly Enlightened
You all are making this E1E seem really great, glad I made this thread. I appreciate all the feedback. Thank you all.

Steven

Spence

Enlightened
As I have suggested before in other threads, anyone with SF lights with the 1" bezel, should get the SF #F04, beam shaper, "diffuser" filter. It doubles the efficiency of your lights , by just slipping on and off, it spreads out the beam to fill a room or "wash" a close-up work area in highly useable, soft light. The F04 is available from SureFire for $12, and is one of the best accessories you can buy. You'll be surprised at the improvement it makes with an E1e.
Spence
:thumbsup::whistle:
grinser2.gif
:sick:

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doubles the efficiency of your lights , by just slipping on and off, it spreads out the beam to fill a room or "wash" a close-up work area in highly useable, soft light. T
grinser2.gif
:sick:

'Efficiency' is a technical word (around CPF, anyway!) which in a flashlight/torch context refers to the "ratio of total output power to input power". In a real world sense, it refers to how much light can be put out on a given battery. A more efficient light (e.g. the new Cree/Seoul lights) will put out more light than an inefficient one on the same batteries. An alternative scenario is that a more efficient light could run for longer on the same batteries than an less efficient one.

Maybe the word you were looking for was utility or versatility? I think I understand what you were trying to say anyway!

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I tried one and it wouldnt work with my E1e. I put it in an E2e with a rechargeable 17670 and it works fine. Not sure why.

I don't mean to be rude or insulting, but did you use a RCR123 (aka R123) in the E1e? If so, which brand and is it possible there was a protection circuit on the R123 that cut the power?

It's a pretty simple setup... could there be a tolerance issue with the LA?

Spence

Enlightened
GROX,
Please forgive my obviously, ignorant, poor choice of words, and thank you for the education. You are absolutely, correct and the word I SHOULD have used was VERSATILITY, for the F04 diffuser filter, efficient, was inappropriate for that context. And to think, I'm a college educated "mother fletcher", thanks again for correcting me, pal, no offense taken.
Happy New Year, to you.
Spence
:sssh::oops:
mad71.gif
shrug.gif
wink2.gif

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
I don't mean to be rude or insulting, but did you use a RCR123 (aka R123) in the E1e? If so, which brand and is it possible there was a protection circuit on the R123 that cut the power?

It's a pretty simple setup... could there be a tolerance issue with the LA?

Not at all, it is a reasonable question. I have tried two kinds of protected rechargeable 123s. And several pieces of each, right off of the charger. Some are the yellow Battery Station ones, labeled RCR123A, and some are the blue RCR123a I got from Lighthound. All of them work to drive a KL4 head in a TW4 configuration. I assumed it was some variability in the bulb. I have a P91 that will work in a 9P with Pilas but not with some other cells. I actually dont think I have tried double tapping it yet, I have to do that with the P91, even with the Pilas. I suppose it could also be a physical spacing issue. I havent played around with it that much. I have a couple one cell bodies to try it with. Thanks.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not at all, it is a reasonable question. I have tried two kinds of protected rechargeable 123s. And several pieces of each, right off of the charger. Some are the yellow Battery Station ones, labeled RCR123A, and some are the blue RCR123a I got from Lighthound. All of them work to drive a KL4 head in a TW4 configuration. I assumed it was some variability in the bulb. I have a P91 that will work in a 9P with Pilas but not with some other cells. I actually dont think I have tried double tapping it yet, I have to do that with the P91, even with the Pilas. I suppose it could also be a physical spacing issue. I havent played around with it that much. I have a couple one cell bodies to try it with. Thanks.

GadgetTravel, the EO-E1R draws 1.3A, which, depending on the rating of the particular cell may be from 1.4C to about 2C. I would have thought that most protection circuits would have allowed that... In any case, others have had good success with the AW protected cells. Good luck.

Spence, thanks for not taking it the wrong way! I know it was pedantic :green:

Lightguy27

Enlightened
I have always wanted one just to use like when camping and someone pulls out their beloved minimag, and I could pull thiss little guy and say, My light is brighter than yours:nana:. They would be like that tiny thing?? NO way it's brighter than this,"it's a Maglite". I would politely smile and shine it right in their face and say, "told you so".:thumbsup: I say buy it.

-Evan

Lightdude

Newly Enlightened
I bought one about a year ago. I must say I love its size and ruggedness! Its not the brightest light but it always works and is more than adequate for most edc chores! I say get it!!:thumbsup:

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
GadgetTravel, the EO-E1R draws 1.3A, which, depending on the rating of the particular cell may be from 1.4C to about 2C. I would have thought that most protection circuits would have allowed that... In any case, others have had good success with the AW protected cells. Good luck.

Spence, thanks for not taking it the wrong way! I know it was pedantic :green:

Thanks for the tip on the AWs. Next order I place I will add a couple of their RCR123s and check them out. Happy New Year!