"Thread Adapter"...?

Hunter308

Newly Enlightened
I looked at all the different forums on this site and I hope I picked the right one to post my question. I apologize up front if it should go somewhere else instead.

I have an old Fenix T1 flashlight that I took with me on my second tour in Iraq and for that reason it has some sentimental value to me. I would like to keep using the flashlight, I like it a lot, but the head of the flashlight has the dreaded yellowish/brownish spot in the center that I have read about on this website and in other places. I bought a PLHv2 head recently, on sale at Modlite as a blemished item, at a good price. I was hoping that I would be able to marry the head to the body, but that is not the case. I am able to light up the head if I push it together with the body; I get a really bright focused light such as I have on one of my pistols with a PLHv2 Modlite, however the Modlite head is just a hair too big for the threads on the Fenix body. Is there anything out there like a thread adapter for such a problem as this? I have searched on the Internet for quite some time in the past week or so and have not found such a thing. Not for Modlite heads and Fenix bodies, anyway. Can anyone here help me?

Thanks, everyone.

Attachments

• 20231205_123732.jpg
    20231205_123732.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 62

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The threads of both the Fenix T1 and the PLHv2 are unique so trying to find something that would make them work together would be next to impossible. Someone with a lathe could make an adapter for you but they would need the parts in hand to do it or they would need the exact dimensions and thread pitch.

Chiming in too:

Like PCC said, it'll likely be a custom machining job to get what you're looking for. Unfortunately threads in the flashlight world are far from standardized. There are different types of threads like triangular and trapezoidal; also pitch and length differ. There really isn't an off-the-shelf part that will put these two together. Even threads within a brand (like Convoy) can be different and change with revisions. SureFire is one of the few that have consistent threading and will "LEGO" with different parts.

My suggestion is to put the Fenix T1 on display and roll with the Modlite as your new daily carry.

Hunter308

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. I had a hunch it wouldn't work out. 😔

3_gun

Enlightened
Does the tail cap unscrew? I had a buddy "fix" a light he messed up the threads on the head & body on by using JB Weld. Clean well, lightly packed the threads on both head & body CAREFULLY, then join them together, lastly take a popsicle stick & seal any gap between the head/body. It's still his toolbox light at work. I'd imagine there are other pastes/glue/etc that would/could do the same thing

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
@Hunter308 Fenix has a great customer service department. I would contact them. Maybe they'll give you a good deal on another head, or repair yours. They like to keep their older lights operational, when possible. They took care of me very well a couple of times, even when a light was way past the warranty period.

Last edited:

Latest posts