Thrunite Catapult Mini review!

PAlightlover

Newly Enlightened
Overview

The Catapult mini is an awesome new 18350 thrower from Thrunite. The size and throw is what immediately caught my attention out of box. This little guy packs some serious power for it's size. It uses an osram KW.CSLNM1.TG paired with a tir reflector which makes this tiny light punch out to 600m at 680 lumens. Amazing!

What's included in box:

6tev5Yl_d.webp

• 2 spare orings

• 18350 battery

• Usb-C Charging cable

• Adjustable lanyard

• Extra charging port cover

Battery and charging:

2qQurmE_d.webp

9NO9vmn_d.webp

ZzBzbRO_d.webp

wYeyK6j_d.webp

The Catapult Mini comes with a 1100mah Thrunite branded 18350. It's easily charged inside the light by the Usb-C cord port. There's a charging indicator light on the button of the light that will turn red while you're charging and will turn blue once fully charged.

User interface and specs:

The UI on the mini has the same great UI that Thrunite is known for.

•Single press for on and off

•Hold while on to cycle through Low-Med-High (21Lm/96Lm/235Lm)

•Double click to access turbo(680Lm)

•Hold from off to moonlight (0.5Lm)

As far as the actual light itself. It's TINY for a thrower. It's about 3in long and 1.5in wide at the head in diameter and a little under and inch diameter at the tail. This is definitely the smallest thrower in my collection by far and the weight is only a tad over 3 oz.

Beam/tint/reflector:

The TIR optics are really unique in this light, a smooth outside ring with a textured divot in the middle, it's honestly pretty cool to just look at. The osram plus whatever magic goes into the TIR are what make the mini punch out like a champ. The beam profile is very tight, not much spill at all, basically all focused light.

jZN5K0s_d.webp

The tint overall is pretty wonderful for a cool white tint. Compared to some of my other lights around 5000k this doesn't seem to blue or too cool at all, just almost a perfect white tint, no green or blue. One of the very few cool white tints I like at all, and that says a lot!

wnfJVqK_d.webp

nyoZgKE_d.webp

Bonus size comparison:

1PPw2CV_d.webp

Final thoughts:

p=. Overall this light has been awesome to carry and I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for a tiny thrower with a lot of punch. One thing I do hope they do is eventually add an option for an 18650 tube extension just for a bit more options/runtime if wanted. Hope I covered enough for you all.

Geo24

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't seem to be available in the UK except on Amazon UK for about £90!!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not seeing it on the TN site. Looks like a killer little light though. It uses an Osram? They make LED emitters or is this one of the rare cases of an incan that does as good as an LED? Love the beam shots.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found one on evilbay. It is $103 with an AA TH20 headlamp. I will wait a bit and hope I can score one for a bit cheaper. I am fascinated that it uses an Osram LED.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been stalking this light for awhile, but I won't pull the trigger unless they release a neutral or warm version.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
An older thread, apologies. Anyway, I saw a video on the mini and came here to get some intel. This light really has a narrow beam with little spill compared to my Olights which all seem to be the floddy variety.

I found it on Amazon for $50 with a 5% Off coupon so one is on the way. If I don't like it or something here tells me it should go back, it will. I've been looking for a no-splli light (yes they all spill some) for awhile now and this seems worth a hands-on. I got the gunmetal gray light. It's only available from Amazon or the Thrunite site in cool-white. I don't know if I have a light in "neutral" or what the Olights color temps are. Something warmer than cool-white/6500K would have been appreciated. It's a little on the blue side for me, but it'll have to do. As I said, it can always go back if I find something more appealing in 30-days.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is one good aspect to Amazon, their return policy. I don't own this little thrower because of the head diameter might be too bulky for my pocket carry

Thunite is one of the better imports. Let us know how you like it

scout24

Flashaholic
I'd love to see a close beamshot on moonlight or low, say 2-4 feet from a wall. It appeals to me if the closeup beam with the TIR is clean. 🙂

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
I got a Catapult mini and its beam is a little disappointing, at last up to 15' or so. The reflector and/or emitter gives three 'hot spots' with some slight color fringe around the outer spot. The throw tho... It's quite good and the multiple center 'spots' aren't noticeable at distance. So it's still a fairly decent light, but the beam would satisfy lumenphiles.

In contrast my Olights and my one Fenix have a very smooth, well defined spot, but a lot more spill than the Catapult mini.