• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ti Novatac pocketclips feeler

Russki

Enlightened
I will be in for one with nice anodizing, maybe two colors.
You did very good job on this one.:twothumbs
Thanks Chip
DSC_0013.jpg

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be in for one with nice anodizing, maybe two colors.
You did very good job on this one.:twothumbs
Thanks Chip
DSC_0013.jpg

I'd be interested if you can make one that allows for bezel up OR bezel down carry as depicted in Russki's photo above. The two tone is nice but not necessary. I'm more interested in a clip that will allow me to attach the light to the brim of my hat for night fishing. The clip provide by Novatac is backwards as far as I'm concerned.

MSax

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
From what I've seen posted, the consensus is you can just mount the clip under the bezel for bezel up carry. As far as something like my bezel down HDS version I don't really think it's feasible:(. There's no way to get the bend radius at the ring small enough to get the first section to run flush with the light, plus I think having it loop from the tail to the bezel and then back to the tail would make it way too bulky. On a bright note, I should be able to get a sketch in for a quote tonight, hopefully have a price sometime next week:grin2:.

~Chip

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chip,

Thanks, and I'm definitely in for one. I had one of your HDS clips and the product was of a high quality and finish.

jcompton

Enlightened
Basically it will be a stock clip in Ti, but bent like my HDS clips for a lower profile.

~Chip

Sounds good to me... I'm in (pending the aproval of the 95% discount for those who have posted in this thread up until this point :whistle:)

cfromc

Enlightened
Well, I got my Novatac clip today and am very appreciative to Novatac but I'd like one of these too. I'd take one that had a ring that was flush with the light and a clip that lets the light sit lower in the pocket. Maybe anodized too.

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
The shop's empty 'til next week:mecry:, but they said they'd quote me next week:grin2: so that's ok. If it's reasonable (can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be) I'll order them and let you guys know.

If somebody could mic the thickness of the stock clip I'd appreciate it, thanks.

~Chip

jcompton

Enlightened
The shop's empty 'til next week:mecry:, but they said they'd quote me next week:grin2: so that's ok. If it's reasonable (can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be) I'll order them and let you guys know.

If somebody could mic the thickness of the stock clip I'd appreciate it, thanks.

~Chip

:twothumbs :goodjob: :twothumbs

Can't wait...

cfromc

Enlightened
Any word? I'm anxiously awaiting.

One question: Will the clip ring sit flush with the body/tailcap or will it have a larger diameter like the original clip? I hope it sits flush or at least doesn't stick out as much as the original.

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Just got word from the shop, they WILL be the same price as my HDS clips ($30):twothumbs. As soon as I get the sample piece and check it out I'll go ahead with a run of 25 to start. They should be available sometime next week. For simplicity I'll probably just add them to my HDS clips thread, but you guys will have first dibs. As far as the fit, they should only protrude app. 0.010", I'm leery of making the ring any thinner.

~Chip

Latest posts