Tick, Tick, New year is comming so will we get the 18650?

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
you should have teased everyone and posted them tomorrow:devil:

I guess this way, you can get some last minute sales in. I'm sure many appreciate you getting them posted up:thumbsup:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
you should have teased everyone and posted them tomorrow:devil:

I guess this way, you can get some last minute sales in. I'm sure many appreciate you getting them posted up:thumbsup:

I suppose I could have waited... but that just wouldn't have been nice.

I'm totally OCD about time. If something is supposed to happen at 0432 and 42 seconds... by hell or high water it better happen just then! Living and working in Japan for a decade didn't help this with me at all. I would even set all my watches and clocks so the second hands all moved together at exactly the same time. If I was meeting my folks and said I would be there at 1400... if it was 1405 they would call because they figured something happened to me.

Now, you can imagine the hell I would give Henry in the past with his "two weeks" thing. If I don't know a time frame (and it is sometimes impossible to get any semblance of a realistic time frame from some vendors) I try not to get folks hopes up. It just makes people mad (well, I am assuming it makes other people mad as it makes me furious when someone goes past a deadline).

Yes. We at HDS are often going past our own deadlines internally... and it drives me nuts. New products, improvements on the existing light, etc. These delays are often, once again, caused by 3rd parties. Just today we were supposed to receive a different shipment of parts from a different vendor and.... nothing. At least they called and said they were shipping them today but dagnabit, they were supposed to BE HERE today. Another vendor is now over a month late on some parts we need to test. I call these vendors "Mulligans"... as they are never on time or on target (Kelly's Hero's for those are not familiar with the reference).

I know the last 2 years has taken 10 off my life expectancy.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a birthday coming up soon myself. How does the SS40 compare with other high CRI offerings from HDS?

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered a 18650 SST40 CRI Rotary! Happy Bday to me. [emoji1]
Happy birthday 🎂 and congrats on the present
I have a birthday coming up soon myself. How does the SS40 compare with other high CRI offerings from HDS?

Depends on what your eyes like, everyone has their preference.
Oh, I see your in AZ, just meet up with Dan;)

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are currently only two high CRI currently available... the High Noon (NC57) and the SS40.
My grail is the High Noon. Henry himself carries a High Noon. Some consider this to be too cool, but I personally like how stark white it is.
I also have an SS40 (in fact, these are my only high CRI lights). I find the SS40 with the lower color temperature more pleasant at night especially on lower levels (the CRI actually goes up on lower levels and it goes a bit more to the red spectrum... not that your eyes can tell but that is what the sphere shows).
I can say we have very few High Noons left and undoubtedly those will run out before the SS40's do, if that makes a difference.
If I had to pick one... well, that's just silly talk.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
just out of curiosity, did you get any 18650 clicky bodies or only rotary?

getting down to the nitty gritty on hicri...what's next up Dans sleeve??? Guess that's really for a different thread.

klackey

Enlightened
I love the way the "high noon" (NC57) renders blues..... It is just a touch "cool". I really like the SS40 the best as at is a great evening torch. However, if only one it would be a HARD pick between the NLT 325 even though it is not high cri. The NLT 325 is just nice and a bit more "punch'. Fortunaly my life situation is that I do not have to choose. When I head out into the night and will use a light I currently choose the SS40 as it is a very good "all-around" light.

In reality any would work great, I am just becomming a tint / cri snob. I would guess a vast amount of general users would not even notice any diffirence. My wife uses my lights and thinks they are all the same as she askes "Why do you need so many of the same light".. :)

Both the NC57 or SS40 are excellent choices! Rotary all the way!! My clicklys are fine...…. but the rotary is so sweet being able to adjust the light level to just the right amount quickly.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
just out of curiosity, did you get any 18650 clicky bodies or only rotary?

getting down to the nitty gritty on hicri...what's next up Dans sleeve??? Guess that's really for a different thread.

I have one Executive with 123, 18650, and 2AA tubes for it. It's a 140 lumen xpg... or is it a 170? I don't remember anymore. It doesn't get used much. Darn it. I"m going to have to throw it on the sphere and see what it is and is doing. I know it is an xpg and on the cool side.

What's up my sleeve? Scar tissue.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the way the "high noon" (NC57) renders blues..... It is just a touch "cool".

Agreed. The high noon is a versatile piece of kit. It looks neutral to my eyes the great majority of the time, manages to render both blues and reds beautifully, and still seems a little brighter than its warmer cousins. My high noon has been getting more and more use lately. Nothing, however, renders reds and whites more perfectly than the sw45. My wife also thinks I have multiples of the same light. You'd think they would be more understanding on this point, considering how much they obsess over color coordination. :shrug:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a good while, I thought the high noon beam was the hot girl you meet at spring break at Panama City Beach. In hindsight, I think part of my initial attraction was that she was hard to get, attainable for a good while only through exclusive group buys. And she [FONT=&quot]really[/FONT] stood out in a crowd. Can you guess which one is 5700k?

But eventually I got tired of the emitter club scene and decided to settle down with the SW45K. Happily married ever since.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Close....

From L to R: standard 6200k XP-G2, High Noon, SW45K, and (I think) Malkoff M361W 3000k.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
That 6200K was a pass around from Hogo! Had it about 48hrs, just long enough to take the picture.

Last edited:

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
Yes just ordered an 18650 tube! Can't wait until it arrives. Will pair nicely with my tactical High Noon.