• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium (6Al-4V) Valiant Concepts Malkoff Devices E Series (VME) Head

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for one!

Have you tried posting in The Facebook group Malkoff Devices? Might be able to reach a larger audience that would be interested in something like this.
Bad - I think it's a good idea. But I don't do Facebook. Can you do it?

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah having the same opening as the 22.3 head would make this more appealing imo.
I'm tracking that the m-series modules work in both the mdx-16.5 and mdx-22.3 heads. Not sure how either of those two compare to the VME.
I will ask Gene about the diameter of the opening and get his recommendation.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm tracking that the m-series modules work in both the mdx-16.5 and mdx-22.3 heads. Not sure how either of those two compare to the VME.
I will ask Gene about the diameter of the opening and get his recommendation.
I think the current VME has the same 16.5 opening as the mdx. The 22.3 isn't necessary for m61 engines, but I and others do prefer it.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad - I think it's a good idea. But I don't do Facebook. Can you do it?

unfortunately I'm not a member of their group. And I don't want to join just to advertise this GB. May seem like I'm just spamming their group. I am, however, a member of flashlight fanatics and I will definitely post there. Do you prefer them to post their commitment here on this thread or would you rather have them contact you another way?

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
unfortunately I'm not a member of their group. And I don't want to join just to advertise this GB. May seem like I'm just spamming their group. I am, however, a member of flashlight fanatics and I will definitely post there. Do you prefer them to post their commitment here on this thread or would you rather have them contact you another way?

Thanks for the help. I think it's better if they post here on this thread.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the current VME has the same 16.5 opening as the mdx. The 22.3 isn't necessary for m61 engines, but I and others do prefer it.

Yep, this is what Gene confirmed. It's 16.5 for the VME. He said the wide lens used in the 22.3 won't fit in the VME.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, this is what Gene confirmed. It's 16.5 for the VME. He said the wide lens used in the 22.3 won't fit in the VME.
Yeah but the VME lens set up works fine in the 22.3. At least I think it does. I'm running a VME lens in my MDX 22.3 and it seals fine.