Titanium Ultra-Lux PR-26650 SST-90 Light

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will see if I can explain it in writing. :)

Most people know how to operate the standard Hi/med/low modes. This is a digital tail switch. Meaning it is not a click on / click off type of switch. When you press the switch once you will turn on the light in one of the set modes. After about 1.5 seconds the light will blink letting you know that mode has now been locked in. After the blink, when you press the tail switch the light will turn off. If you press the switch to turn on the light and then press the switch again before it blinks to notify you about memory then you will change to the next level. If you press again before it blinks you will switch levels again. Now just wait till after the confirmation blink and you can now press the button to turn the light off.

Now to enter Tactical mode all you need to do is hold the switch in until you see the light start flashing to let you know you are now in tactical mode. Now when you press the switch the light will stay on as long as you hold the switch in. As soon as you release the switch the light will turn off. I find this to be the most used mode now for me as I usually use my lights in short time increments.

To exit tactical mode you just need to press and release the switch 11 times quickly. After doing so you will see the light flash a few times letting you know you are now out of tactical mode. I don't usually count the clicks, I just wait till I see the light start flashing to notify me I have changed modes.

I hope I have explained it so everyone understands how it operates.

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping I would have some good information for everyone here before posting again. It seems the boards are not going to get populated till after the New Years. I wanted to get these in everyone's hands so you could give me your feedback on the Dragon body patterns. I have done everything I can on my end as with machining and all the parts that go with it. Now I am just as frustrated as all of you that these electronics are not completed before Christmas. I will not be stating anything about future projects until my electronics are finished. My new electronics guy is really good, but extremely slow. I hope to have an update for everyone by the first of the year.

We keep doing some minor firmware tweaks which should be all completed now. We now have a basic programmer and an advanced programmer.

There is now a PC version of the programmer so you don't always have to log into a website. It is extremely basic and easy to use. We were not going to offer the PC version because it is not flashy with graphics. But it does get the job done quickly and easily. The advanced version of the website programmer is in the process of getting done.

Chris

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Thanks for the update Chris. We appreciate you keeping on it, but life is full of situations where you are not driving and all you can do is sit back and try and relax (sort of). On occasion, good things come to those who wait.

RE: PC version vs. Web version - for me the PC version is the preferred way to go anyway. It means I am in control and not relying on some website (or web host) to stay in business and up to date. No frills is just as well and means less stuff to maintain and go wrong from the programmers perspective. A command line is STILL the most powerful tool in the computer enthusiast arsenal and there's not a lot of flash there. :cool: The only unknown is support going forward, but those things are likely impossible for anyone to know at this point. Some things are a roll of the dice.

Don't stress out about it. It's only a flashlight, right? :duck:

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Jtruck,

I am hoping to be getting parts tomorrow. If they do come in then I might have these ready to ship next week. I will let you know if the parts come in. My electronics guy said he has the parts and will be delivering them to me tomorrow.

Chris

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked it up from the post office. This light is sweet and the machining is perfect.

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad it arrived safely.

When you first install the battery into this light it will default to tactical/momentary mode. To get into the basic hi/med/low/etc. settings all you need to do is press the tail quickly 11 times. You will see the light flash a couple of times letting you know it has now changed modes. Now you will have the different modes. To get back into tactical all you do is hold down the button for a few seconds and it will take you back into tactical mode.

To program the light all you need to do is either download the PC based version of the Reflex programmer or visit www.reflexflashlights.com

These lights have the reflex programmer built into the tail cap. So the tail cap is what you would hold up towards the screen.

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me: HERE!

Chris

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I am speechless :faint: It's fantastic.

I'll play with the programming more when night falls, but I think I figured it out pretty quickly. Download the newest software from the Ogaz site. Go to the Product link for this light, and there is a tab at the bottom that says "Files". There you can download the software. Unzip and install on your PC.

From there use the advanced programmer tab. Pick the settings you want. Turn the brightness on your monitor all the way up. Turn the flashlight on the lowest mode, touch and hold the tailcap to your screen. Hit the "Click to Start Programming" button. Wait about 15 seconds, done....

21b42g2.jpg

The custom brightness modes always come before the "special" modes in the sequence (i.e. SOS or Strobe). In the example above, I end up with 3 regular modes plus strobe, in sequence like this L-M-H-Strobe. If you don't want the strobe in the sequence, just uncheck it at the top and re-program the light. If you want a single mode light, set custom brightness 1 to 100%, turn everything else off, and reprogram.

I like it a lot. I also like the quickness of the tail switch and the ability to turn memory OFF (thanks for that!)

Have fun guys, this is one cool light. The tint is also great in my opinion and beam is artifact free. Nice job Chris :candle:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad you got it and are pleased with it. I think it is my favorite creation to date. :) Nice screen shot of the programmer. I am sure your instructions and your screen shot will be very helpful for others.

Now the only PR-SST-90 lights will be the aluminum models on RMSK's website. There will also be Brass, Copper, and S.S. in the near future.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Really appreciate it. I know it has been a long time coming and I can finally relax a little knowing I don't have any pre-pays to stress over. :thumbsup:

Chris

jtrucktools34

Newly Enlightened
Funny,

I just realized that 3 of the 4 lights are here in MN.

Anyway, I agree with my neighbors! The light is Amazing!! It really deserves some sort of shrine to keep it in. I REALLY like the flex programming.

Thanks Chris!!

Jtruck

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realized the same thing after printing up the labels. The only three in the US are located in MN.