TK60 or TK70

my_crib_too

Newly Enlightened
I love the amount of light my TK70 pushes out. I find it well balanced and easy to carry. You will love your new light.

lwknight

Enlightened
But the shoulder strap does not have pads on it!!
OK, jesting. I have the TK60 and TK41. The TK41 seems
more practical. If you are going to tolerate a monster light
why not go all the way to TK70?

357mag1

Enlightened
If you are going to jump to a TK70 you might be interested in a Lambda lights VP Turbo. I have two TK70s and an SR90 which are soundly trounced by the Lambda VP Turbo. It cost slightly more than the TK70 but is smaller than it or the SR90 and puts out a phenomenal amount of light. It can out throw the SR90 quite easily.
If fact it is designed to run on 4C cells but can out throw the SR90 when running on 3D cells.
If I could only have one big light the VP turbo would be it. The build quality is top notch.

Here is a comparison picture for size:
largefl.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

my#1hobby

Enlightened
If you are going to jump to a TK70 you might be interested in a Lambda lights VP Turbo. I have two TK70s and an SR90 which are soundly trounced by the Lambda VP Turbo. It cost slightly more than the TK70 but is smaller than it or the SR90 and puts out a phenomenal amount of light. It can out throw the SR90 quite easily.
If fact it is designed to run on 4C cells but can out throw the SR90 when running on 3D cells.
If I could only have one big light the VP turbo would be it. The build quality is top notch.
How much more exactly? I couldn't find any prices. I would love a VPT v2. :drool:

357mag1

Enlightened
How much more exactly? I couldn't find any prices. I would love a VPT v2. :drool:

It appears he will be posting new prices come 1Apr. They were priced at $275 when I bought mine about a month ago. I have some of the original VPs as well in SST-50 and SST-90. Kevin just keeps improving the design.
I recently had him build me an XML VP using a Five Mega Throw Master head. It stomps my V2 Catapult like they aren't even in the same class. That was $125 not counting the 5M head I supplied. He is working on an XML VPT version that should be around $150.
His prices are incredible for the quality of work.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Not sure why anyone would want the TK60. It is HUGE but only gives the same output as much much smaller lights. Its also fairly expensive.

I agree. I do have a Tk70. But, I find myself liking the Jetbeam BC40 more. I have to go out and lock my dog up at night. The TK70 is overkill for that. The BC40 was like $65 or so on Amazon (free actually, as I had Amazon credit card points to spend).

It puts out about 830 lumens and is a more usable size.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
It appears he will be posting new prices come 1Apr. They were priced at $275 when I bought mine about a month ago. I have some of the original VPs as well in SST-50 and SST-90. Kevin just keeps improving the design.
I recently had him build me an XML VP using a Five Mega Throw Master head. It stomps my V2 Catapult like they aren't even in the same class. That was $125 not counting the 5M head I supplied. He is working on an XML VPT version that should be around $150.
His prices are incredible for the quality of work.
Thanks 357mag1, I just read through some posts on the VPT in the dedicated throwers thread and got some more info. I can't believe how it throws against the TK70, it's just unreal!

my#1hobby

Enlightened
So I got the TK70 and my Tenergys aren't charged up yet, but I tried my Magcharger NiMH battery stick in it and it works on turbo, 15 mins so far. This is one seriously bright light and I kinda like using the Magcharger battery because it's shorter. :)

BullsEyeLantern

Newly Enlightened
But the shoulder strap does not have pads on it!!
OK, jesting. I have the TK60 and TK41. The TK41 seems
more practical. If you are going to tolerate a monster light
why not go all the way to TK70?

Exactly. I have the TK41 and love it. No way I would get the TK60 for similar performance. TK70 all the way!

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I need another flashlight like I need another hole in my head but I am really itching to get a TK70 into my collection of lights. I like the high lumen output and it uses D size cells.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
I need another flashlight like I need another hole in my head but I am really itching to get a TK70 into my collection of lights. I like the high lumen output and it uses D size cells.
I just got mine a few days ago. At first I felt it was a little too big... until it got dark outside :drool:. I really love it now. Shop around for a deal though, I almost paid the $230 for it but I found one for $190 on fleabay.

Last edited:

Benj_463

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if you can get a Traffic wand attachment for the TK60?
I have been searching hi and low on the interwebs and have yet to come up with anything.
Fenix produce the AD201 and the AD202 but these are more for the tactical range.
Additionally due to the rather large head size of 62.5mm, the mag lite attachment doesn't seem to fit it either.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :help:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if you can get a Traffic wand attachment for the TK60?
I have been searching hi and low on the interwebs and have yet to come up with anything.
Fenix produce the AD201 and the AD202 but these are more for the tactical range.
Additionally due to the rather large head size of 62.5mm, the mag lite attachment doesn't seem to fit it either.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :help:

Did do you refer to the internet as the "interwebs" like "Pops" from Regular Show? Thats the only other person I've ever heard call it the Interwebs.

I have a TK41 which has the same head as the TK60, and I bought the diffuser which was a mistake. It looks exactly like the plastic lid to a can of clear spray paint. IT really does look like a spray paint can's lid. It doesnt work well either. Instead of diffusing light in a forward direction, it overly diffuses it in all directions. I havent seen a traffic wand though.