• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TK75vnQ - Best Searchlight

ven

Flashaholic
Does anyone know what A the Q asks per cell and what A the Q70 asks? I am guessing the former with vinhs conservative 5000lm OTF would be at least 5a and may cause the PCB to trip.....

Yes for run times i would look at sanyo/LG 3500, i am sure these do sag though compared to others due to the higher mah. Lower mah with the high drain cells =less sag and should retain higher mode for longer. I find the 30q a pretty good happy medium, 3000mah and 15a continuous...........pretty cheap too.

Not sure on the run times of the Q , but a run time kit imo is a must for the q70 ,especially if using over 50% power for any duration !

I cant believe the heat out of the front on the q70,even from a foot away :laughing: You could use it as a heat lamp and i kid you not!

Lantern32

Enlightened
Does anyone know what A the Q asks per cell and what A the Q70 asks? I am guessing the former with vinhs conservative 5000lm OTF would be at least 5a and may cause the PCB to trip.....

Yes for run times i would look at sanyo/LG 3500, i am sure these do sag though compared to others due to the higher mah. Lower mah with the high drain cells =less sag and should retain higher mode for longer. I find the 30q a pretty good happy medium, 3000mah and 15a continuous...........pretty cheap too.

Not sure on the run times of the Q , but a run time kit imo is a must for the q70 ,especially if using over 50% power for any duration !

I cant believe the heat out of the front on the q70,even from a foot away :laughing: You could use it as a heat lamp and i kid you not!

I'll look at the 30Q batteries. 15a continuous seems to be a decent discharge rate. Which light is the Q70? Is that the crazy bright version?

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll look at the 30Q batteries. 15a continuous seems to be a decent discharge rate. Which light is the Q70? Is that the crazy bright version?

The 30Qs are an excellent cell. I have them and they seem to have the same output as my LG3500s and 18650GAs. I would buy based on 1. Do you want protected cells 2. The cheapest of the three you can find. You won't see any change in brightness. You can't really go wrong with any of them.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes and the one in my pic with 4x xhp70

This picture turned out pretty cool Ven. When you take a close up on low of a multi emitter light the angle makes crazy colors and reflections show up.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if burn in is possible like on the Killer Throw edition? Maybe increase throw? It's such a beast but like horsepower or my car stereo..... it needs more power or needs to go louder.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: maybe so, would loose low mode possibly but then again its not really a light for low mode :laughing:

Its mad once you get up to 8000lm or so, as every few 1000lm's is just a little bump.......The bumps at 50% 70% and 100% are certainly noticeable but just bumps, even though you have doubled the lm from 50% to 100%.

Its an amazing piece of work, and xhp70's may be my fav led right now . Nice cool tint but not too cool, fantastic output and balance of throw/spill.

Yes always a hunger for more, thats what keeps the interest too, just heat and cells limit it right now............well when i say limit it ,you know what i mean :laughing: Even 12 months back and someone said a tk75 with 14k lm would have been an optimistic dream. The tk75's he did for Jon at 21k lm iirc are astonishing flood beasts!!!

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
The killer burn in is for the XML2 PDTand I'm fine with no low.
Very true about the bumps as our perception of light is not linear. I'm hoping it's possible as I asked Vinh about using two XPG2 PDTc in the Q to increase throw at the expense of lumens but Vinh said it's not doable. I'm dreaming of getting 500k plus Iux from the Q. What if Vinh could get 3500 - 4000 lumens and 600k. That would be awesome but I'm sure still a year or two away.
The Q7O putting out 14k is almost unbelieveable but it sure does.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I bet the Q is not that far off 500k bigwilly as vinhs No's are quite conservative but consistent with all the other vn lights he has tested :)

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet the Q is not that far off 500k bigwilly as vinhs No's are quite conservative but consistent with all the other vn lights he has tested :)

True. I just saw Fenix has a new TK61 coming out. Hopefully it's a good upgrade over the old like the 2015 TK75 was over the old TK75. And then Vinh can work his magic.

ven

Flashaholic
I think this may be the light vinh beats 1,000,000 with other than the tm36vn:D

Guess Fenix might do a 3-400kcd light

Minimoog

Enlightened
I have two of the last version of this light - one with warm LED's and one with stock but de-domed. Love 'em both! I'd love a 2015 version too, with good CRI (slightly warmer LED) along with the great boost and heat management. What would I need to ask for to get this - not quite sure. Thanks!