• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM06vn - True Tiny Monster MUST HAVE!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Justin sent me his light meter which has identical readings to mine. Same brand. He calibrated his with selfbuilt readings and got a correction factor of 1.13. His read low just like mine.

Anyhow using the same correction factor I measured 5000lux at 5 meter. 5650 Lux with 1.13 correction factor. This gives:

At turn on:
~140K lux at 1 meter. ~750 meters of throw.

At 1 minute:
~137K Lux at 1 meter. ~740 meters of throw.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW fantastic numbers !!! that is sooo shocking from such shallow reflectors !!! Im differently getting this in the new year actually it will be a b day gift for me as my birthday is the 19th of January :)

Justin sent me his light meter which has identical readings to mine. Same brand. He calibrated his with selfbuilt readings and got a correction factor of 1.13. His read low just like mine.

Anyhow using the same correction factor I measured 5000lux at 5 meter. 5650 Lux with 1.13 correction factor. This gives:

At turn on:
~140K lux at 1 meter. ~750 meters of throw.

At 1 minute:
~137K Lux at 1 meter. ~740 meters of throw.

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
Justin sent me his light meter which has identical readings to mine. Same brand. He calibrated his with selfbuilt readings and got a correction factor of 1.13. His read low just like mine.Anyhow using the same correction factor I measured 5000lux at 5 meter. 5650 Lux with 1.13 correction factor. This gives:At turn on: ~140K lux at 1 meter. ~750 meters of throw.At 1 minute:~137K Lux at 1 meter. ~740 meters of throw.
Wowed I am amazed I want one for my 10 year flashlight anniversary!!

I'm really intrigued by this light, and if it can maintain maximum brightness for a reasonable amount of time I'll probably get it. Amazed by the throw from those shallow reflectors.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just measured 77K Lux with U3 dome on nd the the brightness so impressive!

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome little light,i was not expecting the numbers to be so high..............standard is 28kcd,so its almost tripled with the u3 and almost 5 x with the de-dome:cool:

For a small flood type light,thats astonishing.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Awesome little light,i was not expecting the numbers to be so high..............standard is 28kcd,so its almost tripled with the u3 and almost 5 x with the de-dome:cool:

For a small flood type light,thats astonishing.

Liek I said the numbers are a first time thing. Don't hype it up too much. Justin and selfbuilt will get their chances.

ven

Flashaholic
Liek I said the numbers are a first time thing. Don't hype it up too much. Justin and selfbuilt will get their chances.

No worries vinh,thanks and tbh if it makes 50kcd or 70kcd.............no deal for me. Just a useful wall of light in a small size and it does that very well.

Personally, if it is a dedicated thrower then i am interested in the kcd,more flooder type lights i am more interested in output/tint,rather than throw. :)

For me numbers are just that,till its in your hand in your environment .................thats the best gauge imo. Many times i have had 250kcd or over 600kcd and limited by the terrain or weather...............Think about 400yds is on of my furthest distances :laughing: hence why more flood type lights are preferred for my uses in general.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just measured 300K on a stock TN32. This is too high. Suppose to be around 225K...Not good

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just measured a SR52 stock and got 87K lux. Selfbuilt got 102K. So now I am getting too low...oh boyyyyyyy

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
SR91 stock measured 85K. Another person got only 65K :-(

numbers are all over the place. How can I calibrate if I have high and lows all mix LOL

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
you need to make sure that they are measured from the exact same distance every time

also you should take an average of 8 tests and throw out any numbers that are unusually high or low and retest

Patt

Enlightened
SR91 stock measured 85K. Another person got only 65K :-(

numbers are all over the place. How can I calibrate if I have high and lows all mix LOL

​Like you said before Vinh,....you're new...to do the measurings...?That's no big deal bro.... hahahaha lol^^
The only thing that's important and matters is that...you create all these awesome lights...
:bow::thumbsup:

Cheers ..Patt.
;)

Last edited:

Patt

Enlightened
I don't have a sample here to compare but its noticeably shorter from my memory and it's extremely slender for a 4*18650. Look at the head size vs the S6330vn

I think the reason that this "flat" reflector throws so much is...there are 4 and they are all fixed @1 and the same point..(in the middle) that's why..you have to count the reflector-depth x 4 ...? So Vinh...let's say...reflector = 1cm x 4 = equivalent from 1 reflector with 4cm depth..?
(i'm no expert but these are my thoughts about...)
The only thing I know for sure is...gotta have 1 of these also after New Year...
:banghead:

Cheers ..Patt.;)

Last edited: