• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series - E1E, E2E, E2D

Awesome product. Just curious if these focus any better than the drop ins from LF? I found those ride just slightly too high in the reflector loosing too much light to flood/spill.

Shallow reflector dictates the beam pattern... in case of SingLED it's wide beam with smaller hotspot, hotspot intensity of stock higher output bulbs... however, it will lit up the whole room...
It's very important to pick proper tinted LED in these shallow reflectors so your output hotspot is not green or yellow... that and of course, programmable driver with more mode options...

akula88

Enlightened

Tana3 firmware mode groups...

I tried to re-program my Tana3 KX2 head. It arrived in what I can say is MODE 7. I played around with reprogramming using the 8-taps and I did get to see the strobe, but got CONFUSED on how to move further.

Instead I'm 'TRAPPED' in a mode (looks like MODE 3) because the starting low is barely discernable.

8 rapid taps to engage prog-menu (which is also cell monitor) then while it's strobing, tap needed number of times to engage that mode group... to engage menu it has to be 8 rapid taps so not easy to engage by mistake...

Once mode group is engaged, then it's regular multimode light - with or without memory... with no memory turn on in mode1... if want mode2, just turn off/on again within 0.75 seconds...

If you want single mode, just make group 14 (14 taps in menu) active and it's single mode (until you want multimode again down the time)...

Getting confused, I would need HELP and clarification on how to do this more consistently --

1. Starting Position - is the light ON or OFF ?

2. 8-RAPID TAPs - does this mean that there should be cycling or half-engagement (just to change light intensity)?

3. After the 8-rapid taps -- what is expected? I did notice once, that there was a lull of about 1-2 seconds before I see the 3-4 strobes from the light.

4. MODE change - In which portion of the STROBE should I start this -- while it is STILL STROBING or AFTER?
-- is it still RAPID HALF-TAPS (half-engagements :just-to-change-intensity) to MOVE INTO the desired Group-mode? or FULL engagement (turn-ON-and-OFF the switch)?

5. What is the end stage or exit situation of the programming? Is it time of inactivity?

My desired Group-Mode is 10.

Pls walk me thru this. Anyone can answer. Thanks.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tried to re-program my Tana3 KX2 head. It arrived in what I can say is MODE 7. I played around with reprogramming using the 8-taps and I did get to see the strobe, but got CONFUSED on how to move further.

Instead I'm 'TRAPPED' in a mode (looks like MODE 3) because the starting low is barely discernable.

Getting confused, I would need HELP and clarification on how to do this more consistently --

1. Starting Position - is the light ON or OFF ?

2. 8-RAPID TAPs - does this mean that there should be cycling or half-engagement (just to change light intensity)?

3. After the 8-rapid taps -- what is expected? I did notice once, that there was a lull of about 1-2 seconds before I see the 3-4 strobes from the light.

4. MODE change - In which portion of the STROBE should I start this -- while it is STILL STROBING or AFTER?
-- is it still RAPID HALF-TAPS (half-engagements :just-to-change-intensity) to MOVE INTO the desired Group-mode? or FULL engagement (turn-ON-and-OFF the switch)?

5. What is the end stage or exit situation of the programming? Is it time of inactivity?

My desired Group-Mode is 10.

Pls walk me thru this. Anyone can answer. Thanks.

These are some of the easiest Dr Jones style drivers to program.
Here's what you need- basically 8 half presses from off (make the light quickly blink on/off). On the last half press hold (you can click to engage but I find it easier to hold like you're using a momentary press/hold), the light will begin to do a series of blinks (this is indicating the current battery voltage). During these blinks (start as soon as it starts. For reference 12 blinks equals 4.2V) do a further series of half presses and hold on the last press (in your case 10). The light will then do a short set of blinks indicating a change has been made, release the last half press (light turns off, you'll now be in your desired selection).
In summary-
8 taps, hold- shows battery voltage (blinks).
Enter desired taps (10), hold- acknowledgement short blinks. Release/off.
Next activation will be in (newly) selected mode.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

akula88

Enlightened

Thank you very much, F89.

This is the best walk-through and clearest instruction. Simple and direct.

Indeed it was easy for my aching finger. Cheers!

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you very much, F89.

This is the best walk-through and clearest instruction. Simple and direct.

Indeed it was easy for my aching finger. Cheers!

No worries.