• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT Surefire X-series (Z2X, 6PX, G2X, G2ZX) modding service...

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings Tarik!

a while back you built a z2x quad with fet dd lucidrvft. Awesome build even after all this time. I have a question about it. When I program the levels, how do I know it's in dd mode? I've read through the dr Jones driver info pages and I understand the lucidrv programming but I'm assuming this is slightly different?

thanks!

IsaacL

Enlightened
get a new toy today from tana: red xp-e quad with h17f driver

dude, that thing really awesome! clean and perfect build (as expected) and a wall of red light:

IMG_20171005_164915.jpg

IMG_20171005_201430.jpg

(shot at neighbors tree)

thanks a lot buddy, for satisfy my needs:twothumbs
Holy sh*! I totally need one of those Tana. Is that a G2X host?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings Tarik!

a while back you built a z2x quad with fet dd lucidrvft. Awesome build even after all this time. I have a question about it. When I program the levels, how do I know it's in dd mode? I've read through the dr Jones driver info pages and I understand the lucidrv programming but I'm assuming this is slightly different?

thanks!

I missed on this post... sorry broski...

That Z2X Quad was built way before H17F driver became available so it's my own custom FET driver but with Dr.Jones LuciDrvFT slightly tweaked per my needs for FET/direct drive driver... so basically, all modes are going thru FET but programming of low modes goes just like regular linear LuciDrvFT firmware...

Highest mode in ramping is true 100% DD... lower modes are PWM'd from that output...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy sh*! I totally need one of those Tana. Is that a G2X host?

That's exactly my reaction after I built Mr.Freeze's one... beside Z2X Quad TopGun I need one with RED and GREEN output, already have hosts ready, just need time to build something for myself (not much time ever since I became a dad, all effort is going to modding your guys lights, gotta keep the shop rolling, Leo is going thru diapers like dad thru coffee... :)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed on this post... sorry broski...

That Z2X Quad was built way before H17F driver became available so it's my own custom FET driver but with Dr.Jones LuciDrvFT slightly tweaked per my needs for FET/direct drive driver... so basically, all modes are going thru FET but programming of low modes goes just like regular linear LuciDrvFT firmware...

Highest mode in ramping is true 100% DD... lower modes are PWM'd from that output...

No problem Tarik! Thanks for the reply. Even after all this time, it's still my brightest handheld light. And congratulations on the baby! My son is 2 years old now, so I completely understand the dilemma of not having any time to yourself. It's ok though. I was happy when he was able to say "flashlight" (or more like "fashwight") whenever he saw one.

Last edited:

ShortRound

Newly Enlightened
Tana - I have a G2ZX that is in need of tailcap and a general upgrade to make it something better than it was...can you help?

ShortRound

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana - I have a G2ZX that is in need of tailcap and a general upgrade to make it something better than it was...can you help?

ShortRound

Nothing can be done about Nitrolon body with stainless sleeve inside, but I believe it can fit 16650 cell with no issues... as for tailcap, any C type tailcap will fit that body, I believe you can still buy 6PX Pro tailcap from Surefire if you call their CS (at least it used to be possible)... it wasn't expensive at all, they recognized lot of people would like their twisty light to become clickies (like Z2X)...

As for mod itself... new LED, additional heatsink, new driver and outputs from 500 to 1000 lumens based on cells used in that body (two primary CR123 or single 16650 cell)... glass lens and stainless steel bezel ring also doable with those heads (same head for 6PX, Z2X, G2X, G2ZX)... the only "twist" to it is to actually remove the head from the body as Surefire used red Loctite on those threads some sometimes it's nearly impossible to remove head from the body (especially in nitrolon/aluminum combo)...

Latest posts