• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TOOLvn- Best IMR10440 Clicky of 2015

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_0542.jpg

It came! Insanely bright, too!
Isn't it ridiculous! It has more WOW factor than the big lights because you just don't expect it!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Isn't it ridiculous! It has more WOW factor than the big lights because you just don't expect it!

The more I use this light the more I like it. It does have a bigger wow factor than the big lights.

vudoo

Enlightened
I teally want to get this light. Its beats anything by a mile in terms of performance vs size.

However I would like it still to be to a certain degree practicle. Does anyone know roughly how much runtime I can get on high?

Prepped

Enlightened
If I get time tonight I'll try to post voltages on high with a runtime test. I have an Efest 10440 IMR.

Prepped

Enlightened
I did a runtime test tonight on high. I got almost exactly nine minutes on maximum output, stopping each minute to take the voltage. I am running an Efest 350mah 10440 IMR, which was fully charged to 4.20v prior to testing. The light cut out at 9 minutes, presumably because the battery was under load and couldn't supply the needed current any longer.

Runtime_graph.png

runtime_table.png

Prepped

Enlightened
Not entirely sure. I'm no electrician or battery expert by any means, and I didn't want to discharge the cell past 3v anyway. Maybe a bad battery? Who knows?
Anyway, I'm very pleased with the light, and to answer Vudoo's question, I definitely think it is a viable EDC companion!

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not entirely sure. I'm no electrician or battery expert by any means, and I didn't want to discharge the cell past 3v anyway. Maybe a bad battery? Who knows?
Anyway, I'm very pleased with the light, and to answer Vudoo's question, I definitely think it is a viable EDC companion!

I believe the driver shuts the light down to a very dim level when the battery voltage drops enough. My M30Cvn drops the battery to 3.23 volts and then goes very dim.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the driver shuts the light down to a very dim level when the battery voltage drops enough. My M30Cvn drops the battery to 3.23 volts and then goes very dim.

But there isn't a driver - it's direct drive I think.
Maybe the emitter has a high VF even at low current?

Prepped

Enlightened
But there isn't a driver - it's direct drive I think.
Maybe the emitter has a high VF even at low current?

It is direct drive on max. I'm not sure what caused it. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The point is that I got around ten minutes before the cell was going to drop below 3v, which is impressive in my opinion. You can't truly appreciate how bright it is, until you buy one :twothumbs. Probably my favorite flashlight I've purchased this year. The beam is outstanding from the sanding job on the relfector. Top notch work, Vinh.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Low Voltage Protection
The firmware has low voltage protection, if the voltage drops below 3V, the brightness is reduced. That brings the voltage up again a bit, but if the voltage of the drained battery falls below that again, brightness is reduced again - and so on, down to a very low level. Low voltage step-down can be disabled by me if desire.

DriverVN2 in my M30Cvn just seems to shut down at low voltage.