UB3T Invictus and Progammability - NOT!

I noticed that the 2012 Surefire catalogue lists the UB3T (along with the yet to be released UBR) as programmable so I decided to ask Surefire if the UB3T presently being sold (mine was bought in March 2012 with a 'B' serial no.) would also be programmable. The response is below - so it appears that despite what the catalogue says, NO UB3T will be programmable. Good to know at least I suppose that those of us with UB3Ts already will not soon have 'superceded' versions.

Dear Sir,

The new rechargeable UBR Invictus flashlight will be programmable; however the UB3T Invictus (which operates off non-rechargeable lithium batteries) will not be.

Thank You

Greg Lin
Technical Support Representative
SUREFIRE, LLC
17680 Newhope St. Suite B I Fountain Valley, CA 92708 I U.S.A.
T 714-545-9444 ex. 5168 F 714-545-9537

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know...but if I had just 1/10th of 1 cent for every catalog item or feature that never developed, Bill Gates would be asking me for spending money. ;)

I noticed that the 2012 Surefire catalogue lists the UB3T (along with the yet to be released UBR) as programmable so I decided to ask Surefire if the UB3T presently being sold (mine was bought in March 2012 with a 'B' serial no.) would also be programmable. The response is below - so it appears that despite what the catalogue says, NO UB3T will be programmable. Good to know at least I suppose that those of us with UB3Ts already will not soon have 'superceded' versions.

Dear Sir,

The new rechargeable UBR Invictus flashlight will be programmable; however the UB3T Invictus (which operates off non-rechargeable lithium batteries) will not be.

Thank You

Greg Lin
Technical Support Representative
SUREFIRE, LLC
17680 Newhope St. Suite B I Fountain Valley, CA 92708 I U.S.A.
T 714-545-9444 ex. 5168 F 714-545-9537

Good to know...but if I had just 1/10th of 1 cent for every catalog item or feature that never developed, Bill Gates would be asking me for spending money. ;)

Agreed - Surefire does seem to have this problem. But in this case, I had the impression that it (the non programmability of the UB3T) was more of a catalogue mistake than a catalogue wishful thinking.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moreover...reading the blurb in the catalog (FWIHIW), it is possible that all the "programmability" feature is going to get us is the ability to make one of the settings brighter or dimmer, which is fairly limited when the light comes with so many pre-set levels in the first place. I'm not saying it would be useless, but it sounds like it will be of limited use. We'll have to see what (if) actually ships.

Also good to know that the recent - very large - price drop was not for a clearout of superceded models.