UK power outage

alangloi

Newly Enlightened
Reports on Drudge Report of a power outage at 5 pm local time in the UK. Appears no one carries a "torch" anymore. lol

terjee

Enlightened
Sure they do... in their smartphone.

It used to be:

Them: I'll just use my cellphone.
Me: ... you'd really light your way home through a thunderstorm, with your expensive phone, in the rain?

then the phones got waterproof, so now it's:

Them: i'll just use my smartphone.
Me: ... you'd really pull out your $1000 phone, slip and break it in the rain?

I don't see a lot of flashlights around, but I do see a lot of broken screens.

I guess it's technological progress or something?

Manas

Newly Enlightened
Irritating people in London and the southeast. They often act with the hive mind. Its depressing. I have a sofirn SP36 BLF in my bag now as an EDC.

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
Power outages actually excite me now that I keep a PD25 in my pocket and a PD35 in my backpack...

alangloi

Newly Enlightened
In the latest report on Drudge today it appears the outage was more widespread than initially reported. I did see in one posted photo of a worker with a flashlight. Good thing for all that the outage didn't last long. :)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It may sound sick but I LIVE for power outages😁. The plant I work in loses power 4-5 times a year and no matter how much I complain to The maintenance department only half the backup emergency lights work.its basically a windowless building and when power goes out you can't see your hand in front of your face and still no one carries a flashlight. I figure they all know by now I have enough lights on me to light up half the plant but really not carrying a light on you the way things are is just plan dumb.