Undecided: Need Help Picking Two Flashlights 18650

4D223

Newly Enlightened
I have the Olight M20 Premium R2 and it is very good. The OP reflector is the way to go as it smooths the beam out considerably compared to the SMO. I run AW "2600's" in it and like the torch they are very good performers.
The other light I would suggest is the Jetbeam jet III M. I don't have one but it is a light that is on my short list when funds become available. Good luck with your purchases.
Pete:D

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I didn't see anything about adding lights and the only one in the list I have experience with is the III M which flavio now has on special for 65 bucks by the way.

I just got one and his service is impeccable.

I also got some AW's for my lights. Price wise vs quality, I don't think it gets much better than the III M

George

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I couldn't resist, I just ordered the T20C2 MKII with XP-G R5, along with a XP-E Q4 Neutral w/SMO reflector drop-in!

So now, if the Neutral is not bright enough for me, I can go back to the cool white XP-G R5, and/or mod one of them with a brighter Neutral emitter :D

That's the best thing to do and it's nice you only half to buy the drop in and not a entire new light to try the Q4. I use the XPG's on nice clear night's but if it's rainy/foggy/snowy I go with the Q4, my eyes can deal with the reflective light from the weather easier with the neutral tint.

adept1

Newly Enlightened
I own both the Olight M20 Warrior and the Jetbeam Jet-III M. The Olight has been sent back for repairs three times. To cycle through all the modes, you have to go low->med->high->strobe. It cannot tailstand. However, I will say it's got a beautiful beam. Based on my experience with this light, I would not recommend it.

The Jet-III M is a very well made light, and looks really classy. It's got a the ability to set the low mode to whatever you want, and you don't need to use the strobe modes if you don't want. It can tailstand too. It's one of my favorite lights - so good that I also bought the titanium version of it.

I've got an MG P-Rocket on the way... I suspect I'm going to like it, but can't say for sure yet. I have an MG L-Mini II and it's a great little 18650 light.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
I have the Olight M20 Premium R2 and it is very good. The OP reflector is the way to go as it smooths the beam out considerably compared to the SMO. I run AW "2600's" in it and like the torch they are very good performers.
The other light I would suggest is the Jetbeam jet III M. I don't have one but it is a light that is on my short list when funds become available. Good luck with your purchases.
Pete:D

Yes, the III-M. Thanks for posting.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Well, I didn't see anything about adding lights and the only one in the list I have experience with is the III M which flavio now has on special for 65 bucks by the way.

I just got one and his service is impeccable.

I also got some AW's for my lights. Price wise vs quality, I don't think it gets much better than the III M

George

Yes, I have it as item 7 on the list.
Is Flavio from BOG USA?

Hellbore

Enlightened
Are there any torture tests out there for the Eagletac T20C2?

It looks like it's built similarly to the Olight Warrior...

Anybody know if the Eagletac is tough and reliable?

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Are there any torture tests out there for the Eagletac T20C2?

It looks like it's built similarly to the Olight Warrior...

Anybody know if the Eagletac is tough and reliable?

This would be cool.

I've seen the vid for JetBeam and the one for Olight M20.

Is EagleTac just as sturdy?

Hellbore

Enlightened
Well I just bought an Eagletac T20C2 but I'm not gonna do a torture test LOL... paid too much to destroy it... :)

I was hoping someone had done it already for a review or something...

NCT1

Newly Enlightened
I would go with the Olight m21 warrior, Almost same form factor as the M20, but is brighter with the SST-50 emitter.

Hellbore

Enlightened
Just an update for anyone interested:

I received my new Eagletac T20C2 today!

Overall, it's a neat little flashlight.

However, comparing it to my Quark Turbo Warm 123^2 , the Quark on turbo mode appears to be approximately just as bright as the Eagletac on turbo mode... with the XP-G R5 emitter.

This makes me wonder if it is indeed an R5 emitter, or if Eagletac does not drive the emitter as hard as the Quark, because in theory, the XP-G should be brighter at the same current.

That is to say nothing of the Neutral Eagletac emitter drop-in, that one is noticeably dimmer than the Quark. On the other hand, it throws better, the Neutral Eagletac drop-in has a very tight hotspot.

Just wanted to tell y'all what I think :D I like the Eagletac but I'm not very impressed by its brightness.

Don't get me wrong though, I am happy with the Eagletac, I really like the ergonomics of it and the swappable drop-in modules. The way it is built appeals to my geeky side. You can take everything apart and swap things out, etc. It's really nice and modular.

The optional tailcap that allows the light to tail-stand is very cool too. It can tail-stand even with a lanyard attached. And the glow-in-the-dark tailcap switch booties (they sent me 2 with the light) were appreciated. I put one on right away. This light is definitely a new toy.

Also, the Neutral emitter to me looks very nice. I really like the color, it's very pleasant. I am going to be using the Eagletac a lot.

I have really become more interested in tint these days. I will be using the Eagletac Neutral and the Quark Turbo Warm almost exclusively because I just no longer like seeing blue tinted beams :)

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to tell y'all what I think :D I like the Eagletac but I'm not very impressed by its brightness.

I think you may be the first person that I have seen that is disappointed by the brightness. Maybe the throw is not as much as you thought? Out of curiosity what if you had the same amount of output with a smaller light like the P20C2 MKII with a tad less throw, would you still be as disappointed? Do you have the textured or SMO reflector? The SMO seems to actually be worse with throw because of the donut.

I usually always suggest the P20 over the T20 unless the light is going to be used on duty by a LEO, rifle mounted or the user wants to only use 18650. If your just looking for a bright 2xcr123 light for EDC or utility light for around the house in combination with EDC then I think the P20 is the better light.

Hellbore

Enlightened
I think you may be the first person that I have seen that is disappointed by the brightness. Maybe the throw is not as much as you thought? Out of curiosity what if you had the same amount of output with a smaller light like the P20C2 MKII with a tad less throw, would you still be as disappointed? Do you have the textured or SMO reflector? The SMO seems to actually be worse with throw because of the donut.

I usually always suggest the P20 over the T20 unless the light is going to be used on duty by a LEO, rifle mounted or the user wants to only use 18650. If your just looking for a bright 2xcr123 light for EDC or utility light for around the house in combination with EDC then I think the P20 is the better light.

It's not really a matter of throw vs. flood that I'm talking about, I just expected the overall output to be a lot brighter than my Quark Turbo Warm since the Warm has an emitter that is rated for about 30% lower flux than the XP-G R5 cool white like the Eagletac comes with.

So I expected the Eagletac to look noticeably brighter than the Quark Turbo Warm, but it didn't, they looked about the same brightness.

That's fine though, both are plenty bright and I really like the Eagletac.

I like that it is throwy too, and I might mount it on my shotgun for a home defense weapon light. I am thinking about it. I also plan to use 18650 cells almost exclusively in this light so that's partly why I chose it.

Hellbore

Enlightened
Oh by the way one other thing I almost forgot:

I was so happy to find out that the Eagletac has a rubber cigar-grip ring! Not hard plastic or metal! Rubber, like a Surefire!

That made me happy for sure. I have heard the Olight Warrior discussed in this thread has a hard plastic ring instead. Rubber is better IMO :D Feels good to cigar grip.

Hellbore

Enlightened
Just an update on the Eagletac T20C2:

I took mine swimming tonight. After 2 hours straight submerged in the pool, as deep as 6 feet at times, I opened the light up and there was no trace of water inside the light.

Just wanted to say that yes it is indeed waterproof as advertised :)

Also - Playing with a flashlight in the pool at night is very cool. You can see the beam profile very well underwater and clearly see the spot part of the beam and the spill part of the beam. It's quite cool.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Just an update on the Eagletac T20C2:

I took mine swimming tonight. After 2 hours straight submerged in the pool, as deep as 6 feet at times, I opened the light up and there was no trace of water inside the light.

Just wanted to say that yes it is indeed waterproof as advertised :)

Also - Playing with a flashlight in the pool at night is very cool. You can see the beam profile very well underwater and clearly see the spot part of the beam and the spill part of the beam. It's quite cool.

Thanks for that, it is good to know about that.

Two other tests I am interested in are the freeze test with battery in and light on, and repeated drop tests. Not that I would suggest you do that :shakehead, but if over the next months, you happened to drop your light:ohgeez::eek:, please post back.

I had a Fenix that I used in cold weather (snow and ice), and it still worked. Another Fenix, I dropped from height, two or three times, with a loud noise, and it kept ticking.

I also had a Wolf-Eyes light, didn't test in water conditions, but it dropped from a height about 3 feet, and the lens cracked. Also, if under any shock, it switches modes from high to low.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
I can do a freezer test for you, how long would you like it to be in the freezer?

Honestly, if you are willing enough, would you do an overnight (8h on moonlight mode)? I also don't want you to risk damaging your light, so you can use your comfortable discretion.

Latest posts