Upgrade from Surefire E2E with KL4

AK_Lite

Newly Enlightened
I was getting ready to order a bunch of CR123 batteries for my EDC Surefire when I started browsing all the specs on some of the new lights out now. My Surefire E2E upgraded to with a KL4 head has been a great edc light but it only puts out 120 lumens. That was really bright a few years ago, but not much anymore.

Can anyone recommend a high quality, mega bright light that would be on par with my Surefire as far as size and reliability? Reading some other posts the Zebralight SC600 seems light a good candidate, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
It may not be comforting, but my KL4 (LED) actually puts out about 170 lumens. This is an estimate based on comparison with other lights that I have, using bounce with a light meter. The KL4 (L4) has been out for awhile and SF was always conservative about their advertised lumen outputs.

Bill

BarryG

Enlightened
Veleno Designs drop-in for E-Series can give you 250 lumens if you can find one and want to keep the E2E body.
Lumens Factory also makes LED modules for E-Series.

Barry

AK_Lite

Newly Enlightened
My new Zebralight SC600 was delivered today. So far I'm 100 percent satisfied. Very bright on high and multiple modes in between. I'm looking forward to using it more than my previous lights now that I have rechargeable batteries.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was getting ready to order a bunch of CR123 batteries for my EDC Surefire when I started browsing all the specs on some of the new lights out now. My Surefire E2E upgraded to with a KL4 head has been a great edc light but it only puts out 120 lumens. That was really bright a few years ago, but not much anymore.

Can anyone recommend a high quality, mega bright light that would be on par with my Surefire as far as size and reliability? Reading some other posts the Zebralight SC600 seems light a good candidate, but I'm open to any suggestions.

If you are willing to wait till after Christmas, ZL has a improved SC600 coming out:

We will release an SC600 MkII next month to replace this one and half year old design. Main improvements include:

1. 900Lm max ANSI (SC600's 750Lm rating is based on T6 LEDs. Most SC600s shipped actually come with U2 LEDs)
2. programmable M and L (similar to the H502 and SC52) and much longer runtimes.
3. Total length 101.6mm (5.4mm shorter) and lighter.
4. Battery indicator, similar to the H502 and SC52.

As you probably figured out the Sc600 is pretty well liked around here right now...like your Surefire was back in the day. Still a quality light...and perhaps even a collectable.

Last edited: