• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired USL Payment Info (Pt. 2) - NEW PICS!!!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Payment Info (Pt. 2) - PICTURES & PRIZES S

[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
The light blue/aqua is not an option, (can't get it in the right size) it was in there only to show the difference with the Royal Blue.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

TEASE!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Fine fine I'll stick to my default color choice of nat.. no changes needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yikes! Make my choices 1st Pewter, 2nd Black. Please let me know when my payment (US snail mail) gets there!!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Payment Info (Pt. 2)

karlthev - your new choices will be in the next update. I keep the list updated with payment information as Bill sends me confirmations.

paulr

Flashaholic

What's the deal with the anodization? Is it getting stripped off the Mag body, then reapplied?

I do like the look of that bronze.

How did you get the knurling up close to the head? Is that done by taking a larger-than-2D Mag (say 3D or 4D) and cutting it down? Is that also how you got the switch out of the old M*g cutout? It looks better without the surrounding cutout which is the wrong shape.

My current payment amount should be $419, which is the check I sent to replace the refunded $431 Paypal payment. I don't know if the check has reached you yet.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
What's the deal with the anodization? Is it getting stripped off the Mag body, then reapplied?

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless Bill corrects me, the anodization is the same as on stock MagLites.

[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
How did you get the knurling up close to the head? Is that done by taking a larger-than-2D Mag (say 3D or 4D) and cutting it down? Is that also how you got the switch out of the old M*g cutout? It looks better without the surrounding cutout which is the wrong shape.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good guess on how the knurling ends up where it is! I asked Bill the same question early this morning. 3D or 4D bodies will be bought and cut down to the proper length. The main reason was that the 2D body is a little too short for the battery pack. It also allows for a new switch hole to be cut, giving a much better fit and finished appearance. Whether 3D's or 4D will be used depends on some heat dissipation issues, but I don't know enough about the specifics to give more details. Obviously, Bill and JS have been on the ball! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
My current payment amount should be $419, which is the check I sent to replace the refunded $431 Paypal payment. I don't know if the check has reached you yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for letting me know. Due to some quirks with how I set up the spreadsheet, the prices and due amounts will continue to reflect PayPal amounts. Once I receive confirmation from Bill on your payment, all of the numbers will change to reflect the lower, and correct, amount. Sorry for the confusion, but it would take a WHOLE BUNCH of work to fix the list at this point.

larryk

Enlightened

In the photos you show 2 switch locations. Is the switch location an option ? Larry.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
larryk said:
In the photos you show 2 switch locations. Is the switch location an option ? Larry.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, switch location isn't an option. The light on the top in each switch picture is how it will be for everyone. The lower light is an earlier prototype.

I'm glad you asked. I've updated the picture caption to make it clearer!

rick258

Enlightened

Please change my color preferences to: #1 - pewter, black and #2 - black, pewter. In other words, want to end up with 1 pewter and 1 black. Would also like to get 2 spare bulbs. I assume I just need to send a check to Bill?

Thanks
Rick

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

rick258, you can hold off on sending payment for the spares. You can include it with the payment for shipping costs later. I'll have your colors updated in the next list.

The list has been updated.

mmattoon

Newly Enlightened
Re: USL Payment Info (Pt. 2) - PICTURES & PRIZES SOON!

[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
USL BUYERS!!

There are about 5 lights ordered but not paid for as of now.

If you want to add a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th(!!) light to your order, you have first shot at those lights.

If they are not ordered by Saturday, I will open the offer up to CPF members.

If CPF'ers don't order them, I will build them anyway, and then charge a premium for them when everyone has their lights and someone wants more!!

(And SOMEONE WILL want more!!!!)

Bill

[/ QUOTE ] I'm fairly new here, didn't know about the group buy. From what I've read, this sounds pretty awsome. If there is an extra USL available, I'll take it. Let me know so I can forward payment. Thanks, Mark

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to CPF, mmattoon! Stay a while!

Please send a PM (Private Message) to bwaites about being added in. If you're not familiar with PM's, click on "My Home" at the top of the page next to "Search". Then, look on the left side for a section about messages. Just click the "Send a PM" button.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Payment Info (Pt. 2) - PICTURES & PRIZES SOON!

I received mail payments today from:

dh515
paulr
Brightnorm
juancho

Karlthev, all of these were sent on the 14th, can you check and see if your check has cleared, maybe it got credited elsewhere?

Bill

naromtap

Enlightened

Since I'm not the brightest light in the Forum I cant remember
wether I opted for Natural as my first choice, if I did'nt then Natural it is! Do I need to select a 2nd & 3rd choice or am I garanteed a Natural?

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

You'll probably get Natural, but it wouldn't hurt to give me 2nd & 3rd as well, just to be safe.

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Codeman said:
Good guess on how the knurling ends up where it is! I asked Bill the same question early this morning. 3D or 4D bodies will be bought and cut down to the proper length. The main reason was that the 2D body is a little too short for the battery pack. It also allows for a new switch hole to be cut, giving a much better fit and finished appearance. Whether 3D's or 4D will be used depends on some heat dissipation issues, but I don't know enough about the specifics to give more details. Obviously, Bill and JS have been on the ball! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Those guys are freaking geniuses! That new switch mounting method looks great, and by moving the knurling closer to the heat source, the added surface area may aid cooling. (Okay, it probably won't be measurably better, but it sounds good.)

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ouch! I don't particularly want my hand to be used as a heat sink! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please change my color preferences to: Pewter. Also add one additional bulb. I really like that knurling at the top of the light by the switch.

Curtis

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ray,

Thanks for the pics. It helps with the color selection a lot. I really like the color of the blue fade, but I'm not crazy about the silver band. Will the blue USL's be solid blue, or will they have the silver band near the head.