UV led at Wal Mart

carbonsparky

Enlightened
I found some neat UV leds at Wal Mart tonight. They had these Secret Jounrnals on sale for $1.75. There is a pen that writes with a UV visible ink and has a push button UV led light on the cap. I only bought two, but I was tempted to buy the whole lot.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's cheap! I'm interested in it for mainly the UV ink pen!! Where were they located at in Wally World?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
carbonsparky said:
I found some neat UV leds at Wal Mart tonight. They had these Secret Jounrnals on sale for $1.75. There is a pen that writes with a UV visible ink and has a push button UV led light on the cap. I only bought two, but I was tempted to buy the whole lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. This was in the toy section, the stationery area, or elsewhere?

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
If you can't find those, there is a "secret ink" available at the staionary stores. It's sold as "Ink Tank" brand eraseable hi-lighters. The ink is florescent yellow. The "eraser" eleminates the yellow. It does not neutalize the florescing agent. The end result is invisible ink that shows under UV.

I sent a pair of hi-lighters to my niece with a pair of Dorcy 1AAA led lights modded with a UV LED. I send her "secret" messages every once in a while. She shared her second set with her best friend so they can exchange messages too.

Daniel

carbonsparky

Enlightened
I think they started out in the toy department. The price I found is a clearance price. It will probably be different at other Wal Marts. I may clear out the rack next time I am in town if any are left.

They are called Invisible Journals by IQ Hong Kong. The original price is marked as being $3.84, still not bad for what you get.