• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
From their BOSS page.....

boss.hpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Both are durable finishes, just in different ways...

HA starts with a strong metal and covers it with a hard dark shell. Together, they stand up well to impacts but when impacts penetrate the shell, it shows bright silver.

Patina starts with a strong metal and is covers it with hours of tumbling, covering each part with a pattern of thousands of marks. The result is tough but not as hard as HA. But is more graceful about absorbing and showing impacts.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both are durable finishes, just in different ways...

HA starts with a strong metal and covers it with a hard dark shell. Together, they stand up well to impacts but when impacts penetrate the shell, it shows bright silver.

Patina starts with a strong metal and is covers it with hours of tumbling, covering each part with a pattern of thousands of marks. The result is tough but not as hard as HA. But is more graceful about absorbing and showing impacts.

Thanks Dan! That helps my understanding of the finish. I like the fact that dings and scratches won't be as obvious as with an anodized finish. I like the durability of titanium, but with heat transfer considerations, aluminum is better in such a light. Can't wait to see a full picture of the lights!

Robe

Enlightened
Well that's a sweet light. Wonder when the N219 will show up. ;)

And I guess I need to read up on the uses for amber vs red. ;)