• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Megatrowned

Enlightened
So so we know this light is Boss, but what about this knife? It's a CRK Umnumzaan, which is Zulu for Boss.

So who bosses who? :shrug:

bmLlexyl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Announcement

We have more satin silver parts and are offering them today

If you want a full combo, please start here (18350 not ready to ship)
http://www.oveready.com/satin-silver-combo-/prod_465.html

If you want anything else (including just a head or body), start here:
http://www.oveready.com/boss-builder-silver/prod_470.html

Is this an indication that you'll be breaking from alternating drop with black, or is more of a "mini drop" type of deal?

I've seen mentioned that the XPL-Hi 4000k option will be limited in the future, is this correct?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Is this an indication that you'll be breaking from alternating drop with black, or is more of a "mini drop" type of deal?
This particular release is us running out of time with batch 6 before leaving for our trip. So a mini drop of 6, between 6 and 7. We are still committed to the full schedule through batch 10. Brass and Copper are returning for batch 7, likely with a new look.

However, we are switching to a split batch process with 7A, 7B, 8A, 8B, etc. Reducing the size of each specific release and the time between them.

I've seen mentioned that the XPL-Hi 4000k option will be limited in the future, is this correct?

Yes. In theory we are switching between XPL RD and XPL HI based on logistical considerations but those considerations consistently favor HI, so far this year. You can expect to see XPL RD all of the time and 219C some of the time, with XPL HI, rarely. At least into winter.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
Announcement

We have more satin silver parts and are offering them today

If you want a full combo, please start here (18350 not ready to ship)
http://www.oveready.com/satin-silver-combo-/prod_465.html

If you want anything else (including just a head or body), start here:
http://www.oveready.com/boss-builder-silver/prod_470.html

Awesome! I just ordered a 18650 body :twothumbs

What might the chance be for a delrin cap to cover the second body, for those that have multiple? This would make it super easy to carry it with batteries ready to go.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Awesome! I just ordered a 18650 body :twothumbs

What might the chance be for a delrin cap to cover the second body, for those that have multiple? This would make it super easy to carry it with batteries ready to go.

They are in process and should be ready soon. Lemme know if you'd like this order held so they ship together.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
They are in process and should be ready soon. Lemme know if you'd like this order held so they ship together.
That would be Awesome!

What great customer service! Reading my mind, and making the product I want before I even ask :clap:

Or maybe the Boss is sentient, and let you know... that would change things! :huh:

@ ElectronGuru: PM sent

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
I have to say that when comparing my original Al BOSS (1st run) with XPL-HI 4000K to my Brass BOSS with XPL-RD 4500K, in my opinion the XPL-HI is superior in tint and beam. The beam being more focussed and the tint being beautiful, like a paler version of an incandescent light.

The RD beam is less focussed and has an element of yellow-green in the tint that I don't find quite as pleasant to my eyes.

Having said that the XPL-RDs are, if anything, brighter and produce a spectacular output. If I had a choice though, it would be XPL-Hi every time.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say that when comparing my original Al BOSS (1st run) with XPL-HI 4000K to my Brass BOSS with XPL-RD 4500K, in my opinion the XPL-HI is superior in tint and beam. The beam being more focussed and the tint being beautiful, like a paler version of an incandescent light.

The RD beam is less focussed and has an element of yellow-green in the tint that I don't find quite as pleasant to my eyes.

Having said that the XPL-RDs are, if anything, brighter and produce a spectacular output. If I had a choice though, it would be XPL-Hi every time.

I agree with this completely, as has everyone I discussed if with. I've even found that many prefer the HI over the 219c with regards to tint.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
To my untrained/tired eyes, I find the XPL Redome pleasing enough and mimics 219C, although the warmer tint of the XPL Hi has a more nostalgic feel to it, but am not too picky, so just fine with either.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question time...can the heat given off by BOSS at max output damage tritium vials? Recently got a BOSS 70 from Ozy with trits, and they look crazy cool, but I don't want to damage them. Thinking about switching the head to my 35 body if there's a possibility of damaging them. Thanks ;)

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question time...can the heat given off by BOSS at max output damage tritium vials? Recently got a BOSS 70 from Ozy with trits, and they look crazy cool, but I don't want to damage them. Thinking about switching the head to my 35 body if there's a possibility of damaging them. Thanks ;)

All I can do is speak from experience since I have no real data to share, but I seriously doubt it. I once severely overheated another light, a solid titanium light with an array of trits around the head. This light, in fact:

RBcFRPs.jpg

The light got so hot that it burned the hand that touched it - like _actually_ burned it, red welts but no blisters. And it melted the bottom of its Carclo optic (which happens at 155C according to Google). The legs were destroyed and the base of the collectors nearest the emitters were all deformed. But the tubes around the head were unaffected. No problems there at all. I replaced the optic in the light and its still going strong to this day.

And really, that's not very surprising to me. Tritium is a gas. It would take a lot of heat to cause that gas to expand enough to blow out those borosilicate tubes, I'd think.

Also don't forget that the Boss is a regulated light with thermal management. It won't ever get that hot anyway.