• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
As tempting as it is, and as long as I've waited for this drop, I think I'll have to pass and hope for 219c on the secondary market or in the next run.
We should have more 219 on the next black run but the next black run may not happen this year. Drop us a note for faster options.

Think I'll wait for the next drop as well. Been wanting to pick up one of the bare aluminum ones. [emoji38]
Btw: Is it just me or does the black lanyard bead not show an image?
No more silver batches are planned so it may be a long wait. Consider a BTW on controlthedark.com

Sorry, we are working on a new web site and are falling behind on smaller pieces.

Stoneking

Enlightened
The guys at Oveready made a video of the light underwater while replacing the battery. Can someone direct me to it, I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done that with a Malkoff MDC and the potting keeps the head waterproof. The problem I found it premature failure of the switch.

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Received my first BOSS 70 (satin black) today! [emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji41]

WOW! 🤗

Elzetta is another manufacturer that pots their equipment and has disassembled and reassembled lights underwater.

https://youtu.be/aaCwgVrdXFA

Nice to know but you won't see me doing that but perhaps only under the most dire of circumstances.

[emoji6]

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I should know this already, given I've been using li-ion cells for some time now, but what is the concern with water getting in the flashlight other than oxidation if left wet for prolonged period of time? If the battery is punctured or damaged, I can see issues with water reacting with the chemicals in the battery but if that is the case, I doubt you'll be using the battery to begin with.

Just trying to understand what can go wrong :)

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Lithium and water result in reactions that generate heat (exothermic reaction) and hydrogen gas among other things! Never a good idea but as long as the water/lithium barrier is maintained bad things can be avoided.

As I said, I won't be trying the underwater exercise... 🤓

Jai06

Newly Enlightened
To electronguru, I sent an email to your account. Just wanted to know if you received it. Thanks

Scribe

Newly Enlightened
Love my new black boss combo
e163f193b4b5edd7fcb93113e994f03c.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Maybe I should know this already, given I've been using li-ion cells for some time now, but what is the concern with water getting in the flashlight other than oxidation if left wet for prolonged period of time? If the battery is punctured or damaged, I can see issues with water reacting with the chemicals in the battery but if that is the case, I doubt you'll be using the battery to begin with.

Just trying to understand what can go wrong :)
To be clear, the video used a CR123. Rechargeable cells should be completed dry (and then some) before attempting recharge and any such cell exposed to salt water should never be charged again.

To electronguru, I sent an email to your account. Just wanted to know if you received it. Thanks
Sorry, we pushed comms back to get the new batch out as fast as possible. I've caught up on most messages, please send me a PM if you have not already heard back from me.

Love my new black boss combo
e163f193b4b5edd7fcb93113e994f03c.jpg
Great pic!

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
any pointers on how to get back the patina one the copper boss? mines worn and has lightened and i was wanting to get it back to the darker "factory finish".

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
is yours the vintage copper?
no its whatever the first run of copper was called. whatever method they used for the patina it lasted a good while. but alas, the dangerous combo of my pocket sweat and hands always win out versus any kind of copper tarnish. ive even tried using renaissance wax on another copper light of mine to try to get the tarnish to last longer. i may lightly scotch brite it and go with a vinegar concoction to get some tarnish back on it.

Latest posts