• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V54 Monthly Giveaway

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea, Vinh.

I think if you are someone who posts here, then the chances that you are totally without a functioning light are almost zero. You're already enough of a flashoholic that you participate in an on-line flashlight enthusiasts forum, for goodness sake!

But you may well know someone who could use one. On another thread I mentioned maybe a volunteer fire company. Lots of other possibilities.

Maybe a pet shelter that needs one for night walks? A shelter for battered women? Someone traveling to a foreign country on a mission, or Habitat for Humanity, or Peace Corps? Or an overseas service deployment? Think of the difference that having a good AA-based light could make if you had to be overseas for 2 years, sometimes out in the bush.

One of you knows someone who needs a good light, and maybe doesn't even *know* that they need a good light, yet.

They'll thank you, and they'll thank Vinh.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yahhh I hook up everyone I know in person with a light already. Even if they don't need it LOL...I got a box of odd and ends and some very new still with just no guts that I accumulate over time. I sold most to local guys that gets them over to 3rd world counties but yeah...Still a ton left LOL. I kill ton of lights during torture testings.

U guys know what's funny...Online and all over the world people love my lights yet my friends in person with abundant access to my lights do not give a crap...LOL

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a generous gesture Vinh! But we shouldn't be surprised knowing you. I do not need this, but I'm hoping someone deserving will really appreciate what a special gift this will be.

Vothelo

Newly Enlightened
Everyone here "wants" another one of your lights, but doubt anyone "needs" one. What a gesture though, you're awesome.

peabody

Enlightened
If you or someone you know need a flashlight for work or for any useful task but are simply unable to afford a light right now and not have any good light yet. Then send me an email. I will build you decent light. Batteries and charger are not included. 100% Free. I will cover shipping.

First to post here gets it. That's all!

This is awesome of you man. I give lights away to buddies and my boss. Hope you can find someone who will appreciate your gesture..
I guess you could do a give away and whoever wins has to give away a light of his own or the one you are giving away. However man this makes me smile.

MrZelly

Newly Enlightened
Very generous of you Vinh! Gives me an idea as well. I wonder what our local LEO's carry. I live in a pretty small community with only 20 or so officers. I bet they would be amazed by some of the offerings on this site.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice gesture Vinh. I think probably anyone on here could "find" someone we know that could use a good light that doesn't even know it. I always smile when another guy at work is trying to use a light to find something and I turn mine on, the reaction is usually "geez, what the heck do you have?" Not surprising considering their aaa incan mag lights.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Very generous of you Vinh! Gives me an idea as well. I wonder what our local LEO's carry. I live in a pretty small community with only 20 or so officers. I bet they would be amazed by some of the offerings on this site.

I think I can make them a tactical light. :)

DeeFff

Newly Enlightened
Great idea, Vinh.

I think if you are someone who posts here, then the chances that you are totally without a functioning light are almost zero. You're already enough of a flashoholic that you participate in an on-line flashlight enthusiasts forum, for goodness sake!

+1
...even if you don't post here but partake of all the flashlight goodness at CPF, as everybody reading this does :)

Maybe a pet shelter that needs one for night walks?

This gets my vote. I bet the folks at Auburn Valley Humane Society would be amazed and appreciative to use a V54 Special!

MaxBeam

Enlightened
If you or someone you know need a flashlight for work or for any useful task but are simply unable to afford a light right now and not have any good light yet. Then send me an email. I will build you decent light. Batteries and charger are not included. 100% Free. I will cover shipping.

First to post here gets it. That's all!

Very generous Vinh. I Wish I could help you out but I've already given lights to all my friends and relatives and some co-workers. I'm trying to get them "addicted" and turned into flashaholics. Hobbies are more fun when you get your friends addicted to the same thing . . and then of course I'll introduce them to my "dealer" . . .

Capolini

Banned

Very generous Vinh. I Wish I could help you out but I've already given lights to all my friends and relatives and some co-workers. I'm trying to get them "addicted" and turned into flashaholics. Hobbies are more fun when you get your friends addicted to the same thing . . and then of course I'll introduce them to my "dealer" . . .

I think you misunderstood Vinh's post! He is not asking you to donate a light,,,,,,he is donating the light for someone in need! :)

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small community is where I live, 2 red lights 4 officers. :)

lumentia

Enlightened
I usually keep a few cheap but good flashlights in my car for those times when I run into someone than really needs a flashlight and doesn't have one. Given away quite a few in my travels.

Also, almost everybody I know has received at leas one if not several stock lights. My brother and good friends have benefitted from my v54 addiction.

So I don't know anybody anymore that needs a good light and doesn't have one. I've taken care of that :)

Last edited:

MrZelly

Newly Enlightened
Small community is where I live, 2 red lights 4 officers. :)

It will certainly be cheaper for you to play Santa for your local PD than me for mine! One of the guys is a scout leader for my nephew, so I may hit him up for info on what they carry. Then, of course, turn him onto this site. :thumbsup:

peabody

Enlightened
It's funny Vihn can't even give a light away! maybe you could do a passaround of sorts. Build a nice tactical edc and send it to one of us that promises to send it to the next guy within one week of receiving it. Have us sign up on a list ( 54 is the cut-off) and do a 54 in 54 sort of thing. If you sign up on the list you are obligated to pay the postage to the next one on the list. might have to keep it in the continental US/Canada region. We have a week to show it around to buddies/cops/night stalkers ect.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
It's funny Vihn can't even give a light away! maybe you could do a passaround of sorts. Build a nice tactical edc and send it to one of us that promises to send it to the next guy within one week of receiving it. Have us sign up on a list ( 54 is the cut-off) and do a 54 in 54 sort of thing. If you sign up on the list you are obligated to pay the postage to the next one on the list. might have to keep it in the continental US/Canada region. We have a week to show it around to buddies/cops/night stalkers ect.

This light has got to be special then! ;-)

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Vinh!

Considering that I just added $100 to my PayPal account in anticipation of my upcoming purchase of two CPFItalia Cometa flashlights, I can't say I qualify for this generous giveaway. I like the idea of donating to a not-for-profit organization. Perhaps you can find someone who works search-and-rescue for a volunteer agency, such as a fire department.

MaxBeam

Enlightened
I think you misunderstood Vinh's post! He is not asking you to donate a light,,,,,,he is donating the light for someone in need! :)

I think you misunderstood my answer. When I said I've given lights away to just about everybody I know, that means there's nobody left that i know who Vinh could donate a light to - because I've already given a light to just about everybody I know. So I couldn't help him out by providing a name that he could donate a light to. :)