• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V54 Monthly Giveaway

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

My biggest regret was not listening to my father tell me to put away 25% of my paycheck from the start. He said I'd never miss it while living on the other 75%. Now as I am trying how to figure out how to retire, I can hear him saying that over and over.

The best decision I ever made, which has impacted my entire adult life, is going to college and getting into a career that I like and find interesting.

yams

Newly Enlightened

I regret my debt

I'm glad I'm starting to pay it down

Renegadethreads

Newly Enlightened

Debt and not saving early is my regret as well.

I'm sure glad I got married and had awesome kids while I was young and could keep up with them. I'd probably be dead if I didn't have responsibilities that helped me make better decisions than I would have on my own.

peabody

Enlightened

entry #3
Regret not being a good poet so I would have had a chance on the Lunar giveaway thread.
Glad I was a part of that thread to watch all the generosity oozing from Vinhn Wayne jon and Lampe.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I regret not getting into V54 lights sooner.

I'm glad I am into lights again, I can't believe how far they have come.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I regret some of the very bad decisions I made in life.

I'm glad I enjoyed life when I was young and had time, got my pilots license at 17, raced cars for 6 years, enjoyed hunting and fishing. I don't get out much now that I have a family of my own.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Regret: losing track of CPF many years ago & missing out on a lot of fun.

Glad: I rediscovered CPF last year, thinking I would buy one light. Then I found Vinh's sub-forum.....

wedlpine

Enlightened

My biggest regret is not entering the Army after high school to fly helicopters.

The thing I'm glad I did is to photograph the Polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada in 2005.

beaconhilltop

Newly Enlightened

Biggest regret: Not receiving Jesus until late in life and denying him all that time.

Biggest praise: Jesus using me to speak spiritual truth and spread the Good News in mighty ways.

Praise Him.

Last edited:

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I regret having been held back by fear--having held *myself* back from things I wanted to do, because of unreasonable fears.

For some of them, it's too late now. For others, I'll just have to work harder in the future on overcoming the fears.

[edited to remove number--I'm going to sit this month out.]

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

I regret that my 1st wife left after nearly 20 years of marriage.

I'm glad I found my soul-mate in my 2nd wife. (16 years & going strong)!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hope everyone had a great Valentine's day! Now its time to draw a winners for the Giveaway. Can someone please volunteer to draw a winning number with https://www.random.org/ Whoever is closest to the drawn numbers win. Winner please email me to claim your prize! Thank You all!

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heads up to MAD777--

I took #3700 back at post #493, so you'll want to change your number before the drawing.