• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V54 / Sky Lumen Warranty

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
V54 / Sky Lumen Warranty
Must Agree with all terms below before purchase

1) Every flashlight purchase will come with a WC (Warranty Card).‎
2) Every WC will have the light details and a DOB (Date of Birth)
3) Every flashlight purchase will have a 6 months warranty starting on the DOB and the following terms below will apply.
4) The light can be returned for a full refund within the first 2 weeks of possession if the light is still in receiving condition. Exchanges or repairs are also an option.
5) After 2 weeks of possession no refunds are allowed. Exchanges or repairs will only take place for defective items.
6) During the first 3 months I will cover your return shipping costs for exchanges or repairs if I am at fault. After 3 months you cover your return shipping costs.
7) If the light is defective due to my modifications I will exchange or repair at my costs.
8) If the light is defective due to the manufacturer's fault I will exchange or repair at a reasonable cost. Cost to be determined on a case by case basis.
9) If the light fails because you broke it I will exchange or repair at a reasonable cost. Cost to be determined on a case by case basis.
10) After warranty period you are responsible for all repair costs.
11) Must provide a picture of WC and or DOB for warranty services if requested. ‎
12) Warranty of the light stays with the WC and is transferable to as many owners as wanted.
13) If a WC is lost there is a $5 replacement fee.
14) 1 year extended warranty in addition to basic warranty can be purchased for 5% of the value of the light. Available at time of purchase. (Effectively 1.5 years)
15) 2 year extended warranty in addition to basic warranty can be purchased for 10% of the value of the light .
Available at time of purchase. (Effectively 2.5 years)
16) Must check in with me first before you open up the light in a way more than necessary to change batteries. Otherwise your warranty could be void.

Additional Must read and agree before purchase

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Are these only in effect for the original owner, or any subsequent owners in the given timeframe?

Ah, rule 12

Old lights orders goes by old rules. No specific warranty but just email me and I will try my best to help.

Last edited:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow this is awesome Vinh!
Better warranty than a lot of big businesses!
Excellent, thank you Vinh!

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Born on date And if you hold the light a certain waythe V54 will turn blue LOL
The only way to to build a bussiness Stand behind your work

Samlittle

Enlightened
Anything to add?

I like it - lots of value with this warranty and you made it clear and easy.

As for adding - this might be a pain but I think it would be very valuable to both you and the owner(s) if with each light you would add on the WC (if applicable) a recommendation of a type of battery. Not recommend a brand or size (though some light will accept different size cells) but specifically protected or unprotected. Some where down the line, especially as the warranty extends too multiple owners, someone will use the wrong cells and create an issue.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I like it - lots of value with this warranty and you made it clear and easy.

As for adding - this might be a pain but I think it would be very valuable to both you and the owner(s) if with each light you would add on the WC (if applicable) a recommendation of a type of battery. Not recommend a brand or size (though some light will accept different size cells) but specifically protected or unprotected. Some where down the line, especially as the warranty extends too multiple owners, someone will use the wrong cells and create an issue.

:) will think about this

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
In addition to the recommended battery type, maybe include a warning about running the light unattended or letting it get too hot?

That's too much info for a little card...buyers are suppose to read and agree to all my terms and safety handling before buying the lights.

Capolini

Banned
I am not quite clear on this one. One you start modding it manufacturers warranty is out the window. Who determines what is their responsibility and your responsibility when Their responsibility is VOID once you touch it!

8) If the light is defective due to the manufacturer's fault I will exchange or repair at a reasonable cost. Cost to be determined on a case by case basis.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am not quite clear on this one. One you start modding it manufacturers warranty is out the window. Who determines what is their responsibility and your responsibility when Their responsibility is VOID once you touch it!

I will determine.