Very difficult NOT to love AAA's these days.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I love the Prometheus Beta AAA. The copper version and its three mode driver is awesome. It's amazing how useful the 1 lumen low mode is. Perfect beam with a big hotspot and a really big spill. And the new V.2 quick release was a total home run IMO. Fits perfect like an extention of the flashlight.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
So not just if the head were smaller, but even if they had merely increased the thickness of the body to match the head diameter, you might be interested? Uniformity at the expense of increased overall volume in the latter.
Absolutely not. You clipped out that portion from the rest of the post which makes it sound like that.

In the case of wishing for AAA lights size will always be at least one of the important points, and generally smaller being more desirable.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, yeah me neither. Was just curious to know just how serious you took your uniform diameters.

That's why I don't have one - if I've got to put up with the larger diameter head, I might as well have the whole light to the same dimensions.
Love the L10, although I gave them all away and have to order some more, all the while wishing for an L08 without the bulbous head on it.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

LED User

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, [new here]
I decided to make my first post in this thread because my EDC is a 1xAAA that I have been carrying now for more than 3 yrs. and I love it. It just packs a lot into its little size! Its an ITP A3 EOS Upgraded model. I've since bought one for my wife, and both sons and their wives. :thumbsup:

I removed the keychain and carry it with my change in a front pocket, have loaned it out at the movies to find someone's car keys, etc.

rpm00

Enlightened
The short peak Eiger is quite nice. I have the mule and have been using it to read stories to my daughter at night.

Tapis

Enlightened
That's on the top of my buying list. Although I must confess being very confused by the way the different options are presented on their website, which absolutely prevents making a spontaneous and enjoyable purchase.

rpm00

Enlightened
@tapis,
What are you looking for? Maybe I can help?

Keychain loop? Momentary Clicky button? Mile, wide or narrow beam? Variable brightness or just on/off?

KQL

Newly Enlightened
My latest AAA light, the Thrunite Ti3 with a NW emitter has been a very pleasant surprise. It was my first Thrunite purchase. The threads are excellent, nice and snug, no wiggle at all, unlike all my Fenix lights. Have dropped my keys a few times now, small nicks in ano, but function remains perfect. I really like the glass lens, since Fenix seems to have switched to plastic ones, I get scratches on their lenses right away.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
My latest AAA light, the Thrunite Ti3 with a NW emitter has been a very pleasant surprise. It was my first Thrunite purchase. The threads are excellent, nice and snug, no wiggle at all, unlike all my Fenix lights. Have dropped my keys a few times now, small nicks in ano, but function remains perfect. I really like the glass lens, since Fenix seems to have switched to plastic ones, I get scratches on their lenses right away.

How's their neutral tint? Green?

jruser

Newly Enlightened
Anybody in here have an Eiger? If so, could you comment on brightness on a NiMH?

KQL

Newly Enlightened
How's their neutral tint? Green?

The hotspot has a faint yellow cast, as I would expect from a warmer tint, and the spill has a very slight purple hue, due to the AR coating probably. To me, the warmer tint is MUCH more desirable than the blue CW.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the DQG clicky today. Not the light I hoped for, but I kind of knew that. It's impressively bright. The beam is nice with a huge hot spot. Tint is a little warmer than my Zebralight H52w. Of all my lights, I like this beam profile and tint the most. So what's wrong this it? The head gets warm very fast on medium and high. None of my other lights get warm on medium. Buzzing noise is audible on medium. The clicky switch doesn't always start on low.

The quest to find that perfect (for me) single AAA light that is small and cheap continues.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the DQG clicky today. Not the light I hoped for, but I kind of knew that.

Do you have the one on the left or the right?

15353958918_5aea2e6156_n.jpg

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have the one on the left or the right?

15353958918_5aea2e6156_n.jpg

I have the one on the right. What's the difference between them?

I ran it on medium on three different batteries. Run time was about 30 minutes each time. And the light was hot, like a 10440 battery was used.

Low mode lasted about 4 hours.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the one on the right. What's the difference between them?

The one on the right is not a DQG.
I bought one last month from Banggood.
They apparently have it mislabeled.
I think it's a great little light.

The modes are 7/70/140.
For a really small AAA that is like Lo/Hi/Turbo.
If you leave such a small light on Hi mode for 30 minutes, it is gonna get hot.
It has very little mass to wick away the heat.

Of all my lights, I like this beam profile and tint the most.

I agree.

Last edited:

Latest posts